Tuesday 19 August 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #88

My last post for the evening. Two weeks of sick kids has really taken it out of me and I haven't had the time or energy to make many cards of late. So glad I pushed myself to make three last night as they all gave me a real boost!!





This is the fantastic sketch for the challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch this week and I knew it would be a perfect chance to try out some new stamps I received last week. 



I purchased these stamps as I loved the circular patterns and have all sorts of ideas on how to use them. I basically just stamped the three different sizes in different inks. I was going to stamp the sentiment down the bottom right but it wasn't balanced enough. I even tried heat embossing the sentiment in gold on the yellow doily but what a disaster that was!! 

So because I used simple black ink, I decided to cut the panel and pop it up on foam squares over a piece of black cardstock This frames it ever so slightly. Its funny, it doesn't look like my normal card but it also does. I'm not usually a frilly person but there's just something I love about these patterned stamps.

The doily stamps are from Couture Creations and the sentiment is from Rosie's Stamps. This is also my second entry into this challenge.

Right, I'm off to bed with my fingers crossed that Max doesn't get visited by croup tonight. I thought as he got older (he's 7yrs old) that he would deal with it better but he was so scared last night with not being able to breathe in properly. I don't think I will ever forget the look of terror in his eyes. Thank goodness for 24hr children's tv,YouTube and my cuddles to keep his mind off his problems. 

Take care
Shona

 

1 comment:

  1. So pretty, Shona, such a great colour combo! Do hope Max is feeling much, much better ... poor little thing, so scary for him ... those cuddles would have been just the best comfort! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete