Sunday 10 August 2014

CASE Study 4th Anniversary Week #1 Challenge

I've only been entering the CASE Study challenge for about six months, so I can't believe that there are 4 years worth of incredibly made cards for this challenge all over the world. They have a blog hop (with some AMAZING prizes up for grabs) of card makers who are currently or have previously been part of the Design Team over this time. Incredible!!!

For this weeks challenge they ask you to choose one of the cards from the blog hop and use it for your inspiration. My card is from the one, the only, Laura Bassen. Her blog Doublestick Heaven is one of my favourites to look at, as her cards are always crisp, clean and so colourful. This is the card she made for the hop:





I was actually speechless when I saw this. I don't know what it is but its perfection to me and I'm in love with everything about it. Actually now I'm thinking about it, why did I choose such a perfect card to case?????  Anyway, with my little stamp collection I did my best and this is my card:



Good grief, now I have them both together I'm kind of embarrassed..... but hey, I tried and at least it gives me something to laugh about!!

I used a border stamp to do each colour and amazingly I actually got them pretty much in alignment. I then heat embossed the sentiment is gold and added a few gold hearts for bling. Simple and colourful.

The stamp is from Simon Says Stamp 'Tag Sayings' and the sentiment from CASual Fridays 'Shenanigans'.

I'm going to link this also to the challenge at CASology Week #107 where their theme is:

Another beautiful day today, so managed to tackle some of the weeds in my garden, the kids went on a huge bikeride with Dave and I found a scruffy little doggie sitting at our front gate wanting to come and visit. I have Phoebe's card to post now and then one card to make before bedtime (if I can keep my eyes open.....). Hope you all have a fantabulous week!!

Take care
Shona
 

11 comments:

  1. Haha! Your thoughts mirror mine. Why choose a PERFECT card to CASE? We must be masochists. ;-) I love your version. It's fun, it's different, and yet I can see the inspiration shining through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on Laura's card - and I love your take on it, too! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pretty card Shona and congrats also on your wall of fame at atsm - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The embossing looks amazing against the rainbow palette! Thanks for helping us celebrate our anniversary at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Laura's card is lovely, but so is yours!! Your take on hers is infused with your touch, which is what makes it special! Rainbow happy!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona, I adore your version, what a wonderful CASE! Perfect stripes, a great take on our cue this week! Thanks for joining us in the fun at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, Laura is awesome ... and yes, I was speechless when I saw her card! You've CASEd it beautifully, Shona ... precision stamped rainbow colours and a perfect embossed sentiment. Your card's just as you described Laura's ... crisp, clean and so colourful! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with you and Anita, Laura's card had me speechless too...I had to CASE as well :)
    Your perfect stamping and colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE it! I tried rainbow also ... holy smokes ... much harder than it looks! You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a neat stripes)) Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous rainbow with gold embossing!! I think you did a fantastic job!!!

    ReplyDelete