Wednesday 13 August 2014

Moxie Fab World - Clicking Cameras Challenge: Camera Icons

I love my camera! It may not be very big, its not very flash but I love that it captures memories for me that half the time I can't remember. 

Phoebe actually asked me tonight that if there was a fire and I was allowed to grab two things, what would they be?? She then added that all people and pets were already rescued. Of course I thought of my collected ceramics, my handbag etc but really the one thing I would like is all our photos. The things you can't replace. Even in this digital age, you can't beat a framed photo on the wall (and we have ALOT!)

So I quite enjoyed this Moxie Fab World challenge and yes, camera's seem to be everywhere in the craft world at the moment. For this first card (will do a second post...) I came across some camera print paper and it reminded me of people going away on holiday. How you wish they have a good time but you miss them all the same.


I know, I know, look at all these layers!!! This is not my usual card and I don't usually get away with lots of elements but really like how it turned out.

I used my brand new Pretty Pink Posh metal die, cutting out two and sticking together to give it more stability. I popped it up on foam squares above a strip of the camera paper. I had also found this plane sticker in the perfect shade and also the little pink heart from the same set. I had to squeeze in some stamping, so stamped the sentiment (missing the 'I') onto a little banner at the bottom. There is still a lot of white space, so I'm happy!

The camera paper is from American Crafts - Dear Lizzy 'Polka Dot Party'. The plane and heart sticker are from October Afternoon 'Travel Girl' and the sentiment stamp from Altenew 'Sohcahtoa'.

One more card to post and then its off to 'count some sheep'. Thank goodness no one else has come down sick with Phoebe's cough/cold, especially Dave. Men are the worst sick people ever!!!!

Take care
Shona 



5 comments:

  1. Love these gorgeous, soft colours, Shona ... and all the CAS dimension! Guess you've heard this (tongue in cheek) one about men getting sick ... men get pneumonia, children get colds, women just get on with it! Thought it'd give you a smile! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft colours and the elements you have used! Cameras are a trend that I love too - wish I was around to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love how you used that die cut and also the airplane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful soft colours, yet it has a masculine feel to it too :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool, Shona! Really dig it!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete