Friday 15 March 2019

Winnie and Walter 5th Birthday Challenges - Customize Diecuts with Crystal

I'm back with my third entry for the Winnie and Walter 5th Birthday Challenges. I've had a lot of fun over the last three days getting all my cards made, which has really boosted my lack of mojo!!


The theme for this challenge is Customizing Die-cuts with Crystal. I absolutely love die-cutting, I'm amazed my Cuttlebug still works and I'm waiting for new cutting plates to be available for purchase as they are close to breaking. Funnily enough it didn't take me long to come up with the idea for this card and I wondered why I hadn't thought of it before now:


 I'm so excited about this card and its got me thinking about a lot of my other word dies as to whether I can 'mix them up' a bit....

Firstly I used the smaller rectangle die from W&W 'Essentials - Audrey's Cutaways' with white CS. I then used a mix of lilac and aqua inks from Altenew and stamped different sweet images from W&W 'Sweet Holiday with Evelin T. Designs'. Once it was covered it was adhered to the card front on a piece of white foam.

I die-cut the W&W 'In a Word: Hi Cutaway' from some lilac CS and twice more from white CS. I also die cut the W&W 'In a Word: Happy Cutaway' from aqua CS and twice more from white CS. Using small scissors I very carefully cut away the 'h' from the 'happy' and the 'i' from the 'hi' die cuts and glued them together for dimension. The 'h' was glued to the panel and the 'appy' on top. The 'birthday' from W&W 'The Big, the Bold and Happy' was stamped on a strip of white CS and glued to the 'h', along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm also going to link this to the W&W 'Layering Die-cuts with Jessica' Challenge as the word die-cuts are laying across each other to create the word 'happy'.

I seem to be on a real roll with making cards for girls, so this will be my third entry to this weeks Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Feminine/Girly'.



I'll be sharing a few more cards before I go to bed tonight. Friday night is 'pizza night' so at least I don't need to worry about making dinner. Max's toe (he's been home for the past two days with a very painful ingrown toenail) looks slightly better. Maybe keeping him off his feet has helped and using the medicated cream from the doctor is slowly killing the infection. Something has to be pretty sore to keep him off his trampoline!!

Take care
Shona

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy, I can always depend on you to be innovative with your dies and this little number is no exception. So very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! You are so innovative Shona, this is so striking. A wonderful result
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birthday card is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete