Tuesday 26 March 2019

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - March New Release - Day 2

Hi everyone and welcome back to Day 2 of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps March New Release!!





I'm so happy to hear how you all love the 'Huggable Critters' die set that we shared with you yesterday. There are so many different things you can make with them. Today we have something completely new to CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Stencils!! 

There are five stencils available, all relating to products and patterns associated with CFS products. For my card today I used the 'Tin Roof Stencil':


I don't have any Easter cards and don't actually own any Easter stamp sets etc. But when I saw the body die from the 'Huggable Critters' die set, I immediately thought it looked very much like an egg and wouldn't the 'Tin Roof Stencil' be the perfect decoration!!

I started off by die-cutting the 'egg' from white CS and putting the stencil over-top. Using a variety of 'rainbow colours' of Distress Inks, I blended them over the stencil. To add a bit more 'bling' to the egg I tied some yellow ribbon around it and also glued clear jewels from Studio Katia to the middle of the stencil flowers.

The bunnies (from the 'Somebunny' stamp set) were stamped with Gina K Amalgam black ink on some white CS and coloured using Altenew Artist Markers. I fussy cut them out and glued on a pink heart to one of their paws from the 'Heartboard Fri-Dies'.

A piece of white foam was adhered to the back of the egg and it was glued to the card front. I was then able to tuck the bunnies underneath the foam. No need for a sentiment, I think the egg and the bunnies speak for themselves!!


If you haven't visited already, pop over to the CFS Blog  to see how the rest of the 'Girl Fridays' used some of the other new stencils. Their cards are amazing!! There is also a giveaway too! 

All of the New Release products are available right now in the CFS Store and don't forget to use my special code to save yourself 15% on all products, even these new ones!




Thanks so much for stopping by today and I'll see you back here tomorrow with a new product and a new card!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Ha! That does look like an egg! How adorable this is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling little easter egg with a great stencil pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your AWESOME desugn is so cool. Love the stenciling and the colors so much. Those bunnies are adorable and colored so well. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colorful egg looks GREAT. The bunnies are pretty cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great alternative use of the die Shona, and a fabulous card to boot...or should that be to egg, or to bunny??
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete