Friday 15 March 2019

Winnie and Walter 5th Birthday Challenge - Masking with Stencils

I'm back.....and will be back quite a few more times today with all my Winnie and Walter 5th Birthday Challenge entries as they all close tomorrow and as usual I left making my cards till the last minute......how unusual??....




The Leading Lady for February was the awesomely talented Rosali and she introduced the first challenge which was 'Masking with Stencils'. I'll be honest.....masking scares the c**p out of me. I don't know why but it makes me so nervous, I always make mistakes and smudge things everywhere and its always a disaster. So, with that all said I decided to suck it up and give this one a go!!


You know what?? This wasn't actually as bad as what I thought it would be but maybe that's because I didn't need to use masking paper (that comes in another card I had to make...eeek). I never, ever think to use stencils on a card but each time I use them I think why don't I use them more often!!

I wanted to create spaces on a card to put some little animals, so I die-cut some white CS using the smallest circle die from W&W 'Essentials: Carly's Cutaways'. I used some temporary tape and put the circles on the card front. I laid the W&W 'Harleen Creative Screening' stencil over top and held down with washi tape. I then used Distress Oxide inks 'Picked Raspberry' and 'Spun Sugar' and a mini-blending tool to create the ombre effect. I then carefully removed the stencil and the circles and voila!

On some white CS I stamped the critters from W&W 'Welcome to the Family with Evelin T. Designs', coloured them with pencils and fussy cut out. I then popped them up on foam tape in the three spaces. The sentiment was stamped in black (from W&W 'The Big, the Bold and Happy') on a strip of white CS, backed with black CS and put on foam tape, along with some iridescent jewels from Pretty Pink Posh.

I thought this would make a great birthday card for a little girl, so I'm going to link to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Feminine/Girly'.


 I've got 5 more cards to share with you over the next day, so I'm trying to space them out a bit. You'll be glad when its all over I'm sure, although maybe some of you will be tempted to do some Winnie and Walter shopping......See you again soon!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Nailed it, again! The ombre stenciling on your background really showcases these adorable little animals in the best way possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to mask under a stencil - an awesome result. I have some masking fluid that I am going to try out, soon!! I am still plucking up courage to try it having only had it 5 months...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and sweet. I like the background. Thank you for joining SSS Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete