Friday 15 March 2019

Winnie and Walter 5th Birthday Challenge - 3+ stamp sets with Kelly

Its been a strange old week here. I was able to garden on Monday and Tuesday but haven't been in the dirt since. I trimmed a huge hedge on Tuesday which resulted in the biggest blister I've ever had. By Wednesday morning it looked awful and luckily it had rained all night so it was too wet to do anything and I stayed home. 

It rained all Thursday night too and I had Max home with an infected toe and today Max is home again, his toe looks awful (might need to go back to doctor) so here I am again. The one good thing is that I've been able to make a million cards for the Winnie and Walter 5th Birthday Challenges!


I've been such a huge fan of Winnie and Walter since they started and have even been lucky enough to be a 'Leading Lady' so I'm so glad I was able to celebrate their birthday!!

This first challenge is hosted by Kelly and she asked you to use 3 or more different stamp sets. As you can imagine I have quite a stash of their products so this was so very easy to do:


I hardly ever make baby cards, for some reason I find them really hard to design for, so I decided to step out of my comfort zone and go all 'girly' for a baby girl card.

I started off by stamping the giraffe and bear from W&W 'Welcome to the Family with Evelin T. Designs' with Gina K Amalgam ink, colouring them with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cutting out. I then stamped the frame from W&W 'Framed with Evelin T. Designs' with Versamark ink, coloured with pencils and fussy cut out. I then stamped the sentiment (from the 'Welcome to the Family' stamp set) in the middle and added foam tape to the back. I attached the animals to the foam tape so they were peeking out behind.

For the card base I stamped the flower from W&W 'In Bloom: Addies Garden' and hearts from W&W 'Sending You with Evelin T. Designs' with two shades of pink ink from Waffle Flower. The frame and animals were popped in the middle and I glued on some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Feminine/Girly'.


The W&W birthday challenges finish in 24hrs (you know me, always leaving things to the last minute.....) so I'm sorry that you will be inundated with all my challenge cards over the next day or two. Hopefully you will enjoy them all and I'll see you back here soon with another entry!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. So sweet. Love the background...something you excel at and the coloring on your critters is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a gorgeous baby card - Love your background with the combination of hearts and flowers.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is adorable, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete