Tuesday 19 March 2019

Kat Scrappiness March Challenge - Entry #2

I've just gotten back from the hairdressers......that's right I actually had my hair cut, which is something I only do every year or so. I had around 4 inches cut off my hair so it sits just above my shoulder. I can still put it in a pony tail but it takes much less time to dry and look after. Phoebe also got her long hair cut too into a gorgeous jawline bob. She looks so sleek and stylish and she can't stop smiling, so I'm so happy for her!!

A few days ago I shared a card with you all on the CAS-ual Fridays Blog where I found a new way to use my Gina K Designs 'Wreath Builder Template' with stamps and matching dies. I have so many other ideas on how to do this technique and thought I share another one with you today:


For this card I did some 'inlaid die-cutting' and used the wreath template to create a pattern equally in the middle of the card. If I tried to do this using just my eyes I would hate to think how it would look!!

I actually started off with a piece of white CS that was cut to the same size as the 3 3/4 inches template itself (not the size of the square inset). I added some temporary tape to the corners of the template and put it on top of the CS. Using stamps from Neat and Tangled 'Flower Medallion Builder' I stamped out the images, rotating and stamping in each corner. Some of them aren't exactly perfect with their angles but I'm okay with it, that's my eyesights fault, not the template.....lol....

Once I was happy with the pattern I die-cut each of the stamped images with its matching die. The problem I have at the moment is my Cuttlebug plates are very old and have started leaving marks all over the white CS I pass thru it. So I grabbed my Versafine ink pad and rubbed it all over the panel to make black CS!!

I grabbed a 'rainbow' of colours from my paint chips and used the same dies to cut them out. I put lots of double-sided tape on a square of black CS and pressed it behind the die-cut spaces, which gave me somewhere to inlay the coloured pieces. I adhered a big piece of black foam behind it all and glued on to a white card base.

For the sentiment I wanted to keep it very simple, so I die-cut the Neat and Tangled 'Celebrate' 3x from white CS, glued them all together and then heat embossed with WOW! 'Clear Sparkle' Embossing Powder. This shows you what it looks like close up:


 I glued some Pretty Pink Posh Iridescent Jewels in matching colours on to the die-cut pieces and then glued on the 'Celebrate', putting something heavy on top to make sure it stayed there. I also stamped the 'have a great birthday' sentiment from Neat and Tangled 'Say Yes to Donuts' on the inside of the card.

The ideas for using this technique are endless and I have another card to show you hopefully tomorrow with a different take again. I wish I had more stamps with matching dies but I can't afford them very often, so just have to make the most of the wonderful ones I have. 

I'm going to link this as my second entry to the Kat Scrappiness March Challenge where its all about 'Rainbows' and I bet this won't be my last either.....

I really hope you like this technique and will try it yourself. If you do, please let me know or link to me on Instagram/Facebook, as I'm sure there are even more ways this can be done I haven't even thought of!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

2 comments:

  1. What a fascinating way top use the template Shona, and a really dramatic card as a result. Try placing a piece of copy paper or wall paper over the die before you put the top plate over the piece to be cut - it may help minimise the indentations.... I add an extra layer under the die cut when I am embossing it to prevent the same thing
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are diecut genius.Such a happy, fun and colorful card. Your design is phenomenal. Pat yourself on your back

    ReplyDelete