Saturday 30 March 2019

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - March New Release - Day 6

Hi everyone and thanks for popping in!! We have two more days of inspiration projects and ideas to share with you for the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  New Release. This release has been all about stencils and dies, which if you've been following my blog for a while, you'll know I love nothing better than a fiddly die-cutting session. So this has been such an enjoyable and fun release for me.

Today we are showcasing the 'Just Breathe Fri-Die': 





I love this font so much. The size is perfect for a card front and I'm very happy that the letters for each word are joined together. I wanted to show this off with a cool background and whats better than a rainbow flower:


I told you I loved die-cutting and once again not a stamp in sight!!

When the new 'Huggable Critters' die set turned up in my letterbox, I was blown away by all the little dies that are included. The different shapes are fantastic and I knew I could use them to make other things, hence the flower was born!

I started off by using one of the oval-stitched dies (which is for the feet) and die-cutting it 10x from white CS. I then gathered rainbow colours of Distress Oxide ink and blended over the petals with a mini-blending tool. I also used the small curvy edged die with some black CS, this would be the middle of my flower.

After arranging all the petals, I pressed some washi tape strips over top to hold it together, flipped it over and put on strips of double-sided tape. I pressed a scrap piece of white CS to it which helped keep all the petals in place. I used some scissors to cut away any of the back piece that you could see beyond the petals and put it on a piece of black foam. I cut a panel of black CS slightly smaller than my card front and adhered with glue tape. I then adhered the flower on foam and glued on the centre of the flower.

For the sentiment I die-cut the 'Just Breathe' 3x from white CS and glued two layers together. The third layer was heat embossed 3x with Altenew Golden Peach Metallic embossing powder. This was glued to the other layers slightly askew so you could see the white underneath and then glued to the flower, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.


All of the New Release products are available right now in the CFS Store and you can save yourself some money by using my special code, even on the new release!!




I hope this gets you thinking of different ways to use your dies. There are more ideas on the CFS Blog and you can also enter a giveaway!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you back here tomorrow for one more day of inspiration!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

5 comments:

  1. How cute. A new take on a rainbow. Pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Ma'am, your diecutting skills are phenomenal...everyone knows it. And this card just proves how excellently you manage it. Love the color bursting out on that black cardstock with that glorious embossed sentiment. Beautiful, clever (flowers from feet dies, too brilliant) and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun background for a great die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the rainbow color circles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use your dies Shona - you blow me away every time. A stunning flower :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete