Thursday 28 March 2019

Poppystamps Challenge #54

Yesterday it rained all day, which was glorious. Our third rainy day this year, what a treat!! So I stayed home and cleaned, and cleaned and cleaned until my hands hurt. It was very cathartic though and nice to get it all done. And it meant that I could treat myself to a little card making after dinner....

The current theme for the Poppystamps Challenge is 'Clean and Simple' which as you all know is right up my alley!! I have one Poppystamps stamp set that hasn't seen much ink so I thought this would be the perfect chance to take it for a spin:


I was trying out a new watercolouring technique yesterday, so was in a painting mood for this card!!

Using a circle die from Memory Box 'Stitched Maple Circle Frame' die-set, I die-cut a circle from some Reeves watercolour CS. Using my MISTI and different shades of Distress Ink, I stamped images from Poppystamps 'Little Kindness'. I started first with the large leaf image and then added the smaller ones, making it up as I went along. I also stamped the large flower separately on some watercolour CS and fussy cut it out.

Once I finished stamping, I then used a small brush and some water to colour the images, drawing colour from the image edges and adding some extra Distress Ink when needed. Once it was dry I adhered the pink flower in the middle of the circle. 

The die set I used also cuts a larger circle frame with stitched detail, so I cut it from some black CS. I glued this to the card front and inlaid the painted circle. The sentiment (from the same stamp set) was stamped on some of the same watercolour CS with Versafine black ink and immediately clear heat embossed. I fussy cut it out and adhered over the flower. I then glued on some Neat and Tangled sequins for a bit more shine.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.



Will also link to the Kat Scrappiness March Challenge where their theme is 'Rainbows', which is the range of colours I used on my card.

Its nearly dinner time so better get myself organised. One more day to go and its the weekend, its been a very busy week so really looking forward to it. I'm tempted to go and see the movie 'Us' on my own but feel bad because Max really wanted to go but its R16, so maybe I'll wait till its out on DVD. That way we can be scared together. I'll definitely go and see Pet Sematary on my own though, that will be amazing on the big screen!! Hurray up April 10th!

Take care
Shona
  

 

3 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card. Your watercoloring is fantastic. The colors so Spring-y and fresh looking. Whatever that new technique is, it worked beautifully for you. The pain in your hands didn't hurt you a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous panel you have made Shona - and a beautiful card! We have had some decent rain here too, and that is good, very good in fact!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring on these pretty flowers is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete