Saturday 16 March 2019

Winnie and Walter 5th Birthday Challenges - Five Challenge

This is it, this is my final card for the Winnie and Walter 5th Birthday Challenges. I can't believe I was able to make a card for every challenge, I'm so happy I could do it and especially pleased that I could help Shay celebrate this milestone!!





This final challenge is the 'Five Challenge with Shay'. Shay is the owner of Winnie and Walter so I thought it was only fitting to finish my myriad of cards with her challenge. She is so generous and talented, and I'm so glad that this company has grown so much!!

She was wanting you to have something representing 'five' on your project. Maybe five animals, five die-cuts, five images etc. I went with 'five colours' and in my favourite colour scheme:
 

You knew I had to fit a rainbow card in somewhere!! I used the five main colours for my watercoloured rainbow - pink, orange, yellow, green and blue. I really hope she likes it!!

I started by heat embossing the W&W 'Mini Scenery: Madison' in white 2x on some Reeves Watercolour CS. I used Distress Inks: Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron and Mermaid Lagoon to watercolour across the image, keeping the colours as vibrant as I could.

Once they had dried I fussy cut them out, especially along the edge where I was meeting the panels together on the card front. I added a piece of white foam behind each one and adhered to the card, as close together as possible.

For the sentiment I die-cut the W&W 'In a Word: Hugs' twice from white CS and once from bright, dark pink CS and glued them all together. I adhered over the middle of the panels, covered with lots of Wink of Stella and then Glossy Accents. I then stamped the sentiment from W&W 'Sending you with Evelin T. Designs' on a strip of white CS and glued to the card, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled. This will be perfect to send to one of my overseas' crafty friends!!

I'm going to also link this to the Kat Scrappiness March Challenge where their theme is 'Rainbows'. You know I'm going to have more than one entry for this challenge.....

Whew, that was a huge amount of cards over a two day period. I'm really sorry about that and will make sure I'm more organised next time....(yeah right I hear you all say....). Thanks so much for all your comments and support, they really do mean so much. I'm off to have a well earned drink of Coke and possibly a piece of cheesecake.....life is short and as I've been reminded lately you never know what a day will bring, so I'll enjoy every mouthful!!

Lots of love to you all!!

Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Love this vibrant card Shona - I have been enjoying your posts :-). Enjoy the cheesecake and coke!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors look amazing over your white embossing. Looks difficult to do but you soldiered through. Hope you enjoyed your treat. Sending positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete