Thursday 7 March 2019

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge # 130

Hi there everybody, hope your week is going fabulously and you've managed to squeeze in more card making time than I have!! I'm popping in today to remind you all about our current challenge theme at TIME OUT.





We are celebrating being 'Unique' for this challenge, which is something we should all embrace with ourselves too. You can create whatever you like for your project and as you can imagine the possibilities are endless!

We are super excited to have a new Sponsor for this challenge, Catherine Pooler!! And she is giving a goodie bag of their products to the winner of this challenge. How fabulous is that!




Catherine was very generous to our Design Team for this challenge and gave us all vouchers to spend. I purchased two stamp sets and used them both on this card because I think they are quite 'Unique' together:


Isn't the background stamp so cool??!! I thought it was quite unique itself but love how its so geometric compared to the soft, prettiness of the flowers.

I started off by stamping the 'Angled Squares Background Stamp' on a piece of white CS using Waffle Flower 'Like a Pro' grey ink. I cut it down so it was slightly smaller than the card base and popped it up on a piece of white foam.

I stamped the flowers and leaves from the 'Grateful Heart Stamp Set' with Gina K Amalgam Ink on Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS. I coloured them with Altenew Artist Markers and then fussy cut them all out. 

For the sentiment (which is from the same 'Grateful Heart Stamp Set') I stamped it with some Catherine Pooler 'Coral Cabana' ink and then clear heat embossed over top.

I gotta say, everyone was telling me I needed to try these inks, so I purchased this one and two others from Krafters Cart (NZ). I haven't been blown away by an ink since I first tried Versafine Ink years ago. I stamped the background stamp with CP 'Rockin Red' for the first time and got a PERFECT COVERAGE IMAGE!!! I couldn't believe it, especially if I stamp hasn't been used before. The ink is so sticky but is a dye ink, its just magical. So if you haven't tried them yet, please do!!

I fussy cut around the heat embossed sentiment and put foam tape behind it. After working out where the flowers and leaves would sit underneath it, I glued them down with Gina K Connect Glue and put the sentiment on top. To finish off I glued on some orange and aqua sequins from Neat and Tangled.

You have until Wednesday 13th March to link your projects to the TIME OUT Challenge and if your needing any ideas on how to use 'Unique', pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has made for you.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I can't wait to see your unique creations in the Gallery.

Take care
Shona
 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. I agree, that bg stamp is totally unique! Great idea to pair it with those soft, pretty flowers. A very modern looking, beautiful card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you with the inks and just keep buying more and more! And what a great way to interpret our word-this is such a fab and unique contrast with the strong geometric background and such a pretty flower and then I adore the vibrant sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Shona. And, love the unique pairing of those two stamp sets together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome awesomeness. Love this mix of floral, graphic and bold sentiment...and that amazing color combo. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a cool, graphic background, Shona ... it contrasts brilliantly with the prettiness of those lovely blooms! I also just fell for CP inks ... I'm so taken with them that the whole set has gone into my wish book! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that background, and you have adorned it so wonderfully. Your coloring is fantastic as always, and I love the color you used for the sentiment. Just a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete