Wednesday 4 July 2018

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Entry #2)

I'm back, twice in one evening!! Had a very productive weekend at my Mum's, with lots of watercolour practice and the 'Anything Goes' theme at the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge is a great way to show you what I've been up too!





As I've mentioned a few times, my watercolouring skills are lacking ALOT and I get so frustrated not being able to get the colours in my head to be the same on my design. I've had a lot of tips sent to me recently from some incredible crafters and they have helped a lot. 

I had a stamp set that I purchased second-hand a few months ago and hadn't used it at all, so what a fab way to give it some love and to practice my watercolouring:




For the first time ever I was able to get the paint to look how I wanted it and I'm in love with the finished result!! Yippee!!!!

I started by cutting a panel of watercolour CS the same size as my card base. I used a long, wavy image stamp from Waffle Flower 'Doily Circle' to heat emboss in white a frame around the edge of the panel. It fitted perfectly along the long edges and I only stamped the '3 humps' with Versamark ink to fit in the end gaps. 

Using a water brush I wet the wavy areas one at a time. I then added the purple from a Zig Real Color Brush Pen along the heat embossed edge and faded the colour towards the outside edge. I then did the same with another Zig Brush Pen in blue, keeping the colour concentrated by the heat embossing and bringing the colour into the middle of the card. Once this had dried I adhered it to the card base.

The doily image was stamped and heat embossed in white on a piece of watercolour CS. I used the same blue and purple pens, along with a pink pen, fading the colours out. Once it had dried I fussy cut it out and popped it on some foam tape.

The 'celebrate' die (also from Waffle Flower) was die-cut from a dark pink CS and then twice more from black CS. I glued these all together and then on top of the doily. I then added lots of Wink of Stella to it. The sentiment (from Waffle Flower 'Congrats') was heat embossed in white on a strip of black CS, glued in place along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I used to hate using the Zig pens but now I know how to use them a bit better, I think we are going to become friends....which means I might have to purchase some more.......eeek!

I'm also going to link this to the AAA Card Challenge #118 where the theme is 'Use a frame'. Hopefully my heat embossed frame will suffice....

 
My electric blanket is calling my name and need to tuck the kids in bed. Phoebe has said that a lot of her friends (she is 13yrs old) don't get tucked into bed anymore, the parents don't even know when they go to sleep. I think that's so sad and as long as Phoebe and Max want me too, I'm there with bells on. I have some of my best conversations with the kids at bedtime and wouldn't miss it for the world!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Shona :-) the background design is fabulous and your watercoloring is awesome! Love the colours and whole design of this, very pretty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very beautiful! Love those colours together, so fresh and pretty. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful colorful card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete