Monday 16 July 2018

Reminder: The Flower Challenge # 22

Hi everybody, hope your having a fabulous weekend!! Its just Max and myself at home at the moment as Dave and Phoebe have flown up to Auckland to see his family. Its too expensive for us all to go, so Max and I are hanging out watching movies, playing basketball and eating junk food.





I'm just wanting to remind you about our current challenge at The Flower Challenge where we have a 'Monochrome' theme for you. This basically means you can create a project where you have the same colour tone and there are already some gorgeous photos and ideas from you all in the Gallery!!

For my first card I watercoloured some flowers using grey and white. This time I'm going all white with some die-cutting and vellum:


This card actually started out in a completely different direction. I planned to colour some of the die-cut pieces in different shades of blue and inlay back into the piece. I also decided to colour in the actual die-cut area but got marker pen all over the place. So after a bit of fussy cutting, this card emerged and I actually like it better!

I started by die-cutting the Stamplorations 'Bloomtangled #2 Coverplate' from white CS which had been backed with double-sided adhesive. This made it very easy for me to then adhere to the card front. After making a mess of my original colouring idea, I decided to cut away the ruined part of the card front and carefully fussy cut along joining edges of the die pattern. 

Using a Wink of Stella pen I coloured in the smaller die-cut areas several times to show a lot of shimmer. Wish I could have captured it with my camera. I cut a panel of plain vellum and adhered behind the card front so it returned to a whole rectangle shape. I then white heat embossed a sentiment from Stamplorations 'Blossoming' stamp set. I put the card underneath my MISTI for a while with some heavy things on top to stop a lot of the warping from the heat gun and then glued on some pearl white sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this card to the Cutplorations Summer Vacation Challenge where they have an 'Anything Goes' theme.



Will also link to the Stamplorations Never-ending Challenge for the use of their products.


You have until Wednesday 25th July to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you. Looking forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful all white card Shona!great design and I love the cut out panel too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you changed direction because this card is exquisite. Love the diecut juxtaposed to the vellum...so much elegance in one card. Not sure my heart can take it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vellum on a card and with that delicate die cut it is absolutely gorgeous. Fab card Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pure...so pretty...lovely card Shona!
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the soft effect that Vellum has on cards and the way your beautiful die surrounds the embossed sentiment, the flower die is absolutely dreamy.
    Beautifully done Shona.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous design, using the embossed flower and then adding the vellum, stunning. Such elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your CUTplorations win...it is a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete