Saturday 21 July 2018

Altenew Inspiration Challenge - July

Hi there and welcome to the weekend!! Its 9pm Saturday night here in New Zealand so hopefully that means that most of you (around the world) have finally made it to the end of the week and about to start your weekend!! 





Its been a rainy day today, perfect for staying inside, watching movies and crafting!! Well, that's after I've done the washing, cleaned the toilet, sorted the dishes etc.....yuck!

After playing around with some Altenew products for the current Altenew Inspiration Challenge I ended up trying something completely new for me and I'm so excited that it worked:


I don't own many background dies because they are rather pricey but I think I've found a new way to use the ones I have!! I dry embossed the background die and then glued the pieces on top. It gives almost a quilted texture, the grey CS looked almost squishy and gives it some dimension without taking up too much room. Yay!!

I started by cutting a panel of grey CS and dry embossing the Altenew 'Spring Shower Cover Die' into it. I then die-cut the same die from white CS, set myself up in front of the tv with my glue and Quik Stick and glued most of the die-cut pieces on their places in the embossing. The panel was then adhered to the card front.

After all the time I spent gluing those tiny pieces, I didn't want to cover it all up with a massive sentiment or stamped images. So I used my mini-blending tool and Altenew inks 'Dusk' and 'Ocean Waves' to create an ombre look on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS. I then die-cut the Altenew 'thanks' die from it and also twice more from white CS. These were all glued together and then to the card front. I then stamped the sentiment from Altenew 'Adore You' on a strip of white CS with the same 'Dusk' ink and popped it up on foam tape, along with some Neat and Tangled sequins. And to give it some shine I added LOTS of Glossy Accents to the 'thanks' die-cut.

I love how this background looks and can't wait to try it out with some of my other background dies!!

I've got two other challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Use die or punch)



Kat Scrappiness July Challenge (Crazy for Backgrounds)

I've been doing all sorts of colouring and watercolouring this afternoon so have lots of finished images for cards. Will see if I can rock out a few designs before I hit the hay as its been such a busy day.....lol....

Take care
Shona
 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to try fh2is technique. It's actually so textural, that it's plush & luxurious. If this one doesn't win, I'll be shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Shona - love the finished card!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a cool technique, I'm going to have to try that one! I love the plushy look. Thanks for playing along with us at Kat Scrappiness, your cards are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is stunning!! I absolutely LOVE gray and teal/aqua together it’s one of my favorite color combos. Your sentiment looks pretty amazing. Thanks so much for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete