Thursday 26 July 2018

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #114

Hi there!! Hope your week has been kind to you and you've managed to squeeze in some crafting somewhere. The weather has been weird this week with rain, cold and today hot and windy, so no wonder people are getting sick. Dave had a terrible cold/cough last week and I think both the kids are getting it now. I don't seem to get sick, I think its because I don't sit still for long so the bugs can't get me!!





The current challenge at TIME OUT has this fabulous photo to inspire you. You might like the colours, the patterns or the beachy vibe....its totally up to you!!

Our Sponsor this week is Stamplorations. Shery (the owner) is a sweetheart and always generous with our Time Out Design Team. She is offering a $15 gift certificate to the winner of this challenge!!

The first thing that caught my eye in the photo is the colour of the wicker/cane furniture. It also reminded me of driftwood. And I loved the light blue cushion, so incorporated all of that into my design:


I love using this wood veneer CS but don't have much left, so trying to use it sparingly....although not so much in this case lol!!

I started off by die-cutting the wood veneer CS with the Stamplorations 'Bloomtangled #2 cover die'. I left the pieces in the die and pressed on some Glad 'Press n Seal'. This kept all the pieces in place as I removed it from the die.
I wanted only parts of the die to be blue, so grabbed a couple of paint chips and die-cut those areas. I added the Press n Seal to the back of them as well. 

Now the fun part......One by one I removed the pieces of wood veneer and replaced with the blue pieces. It didn't take too long to do. I then covered the front of the die-cut with Press n Seal, removed the back piece and then added double-sided tape all over it (I could of used a sheet of adhesive but didn't think about it at the time.....). I then pressed it on to the front of the card case and removed the top Press n Seal sheet. Ta Da!!

The sentiment (from Stamplorations 'Blossoming') was stamped in Versafine black ink on white CS and heat embossed with clear powder. I adhered it to black CS, cut a frame and then popped on foam tape. And I added some gum drops from Your Next Stamp in a similar blue.

I have four challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes)



Stamplorations Never-Ending Challenge (Use a Stamplorations Product)



Stamplorations Cutplorations Summer Challenge (Anything Goes)



Kat Scrappiness July Challenge (Crazy for Backgrounds)

You have until Wednesday 1st August to link your projects to TIME OUT and if your needing any ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the DT girls and our fabulous Guest Designer Heather of Wire Wrapture have created for you. Looking forward to seeing your designs in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona


 

8 comments:

  1. Wow this must have taken such patience! But well worth it. I love you focused so much on the wicker furniture, gives our players another focus, so inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous, Shona! i love the colors and thanks for the tip on the Press 'n Seal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous background Shona! I love that color blue against the wood background. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us at Kat Scrappiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a terrific way to depict this room. All that wood to mirror the rattan furniture and the soft blue florals. Great idea for the die...the wood veneer looks embossed and the blue inlay is fantastic. Lots of time and patience, I'll bet. Also, way to cover so many challenges. You really rocked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and detailed, Shona ... love the veneer background with that gorgeous wedgewood blue insetting! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card, and a very fun way to use that impression plate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shona! Such a gorgeous color combination on the card. I love inlay technique was used partially on the card. It brings the florals into focus. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing use of that cool die, Shona. Love your color choices. Thanks for joining CUTplorations.

    ReplyDelete