Thursday 12 July 2018

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge # 113

Hi there everyone, hope your having a fabulous week and your a lot warmer than I am right now!! I'm popping in quickly today to remind you about our current challenge theme at TIME OUT.





We have this fantastic quote to inspire you for this challenge. You could use one word, the whole phrase or maybe the way this quote makes you feel for your project...its totally up to you!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is the fabulous Sarah Gray who sells her stencil designs from her Folksy Store. The winner of this challenge will receive 3 stencils of their choice from her store!!




Like for a lot of us, the 'smile' word jumped out at me from the quote and I found a perfect sentiment to go with it for a friend:


I want to hit a pinata every time I look at this card!! It has such a party feel to it and definitely makes me smile!

I started off by plonking myself in front of the tv with my Distress Oxide inks, CS and mini-blending tool. I knew I would be using the MFT Stamps 'Fringe' die on the coloured CS, so only had to colour strips big enough for the die. Once I had finished blending I die-cut each colour, doing two of the purple so I could cover the whole card front. I used double-sided tape to adhere them to the card, starting at the bottom.

The MFT Stamps 'Smile' die was cut 5x from black CS and glued together. I couldn't glue each letter to the fringe so decided to stick them to a strip of white CS. This was then adhered in place. The rest of the sentiment (from MFT Stamps 'Raving Raccoons') was heat embossed in white on a strip of black CS and glued into place along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled. I then ruffled all the fringe around the sentiments.

I'm going to link this to the MFT Stamps Sketch Challenge #393 where their sketch is:




Will also link to the Kat Scrappiness July Card Challenge where their theme is 'Crazy for Backgrounds'.

You have until Wednesday 18th July to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. And pop on over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our wonderful Guest Designer Amanda of Diamond Laine Designs have created to inspire you. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Take care
Shona
 

7 comments:

  1. This card sure made me smile! Love all these cascading frills and in such vibrant colours-an absolute joy Shona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your background Shona, and the sentiment is perfect over it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and vibrant background Shona!!! I love it! I'm so glad you joined us at the Kat Scrappiness July challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, frilly and wonderfully bright, Shona ... what a playful design! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay! You're probably too young to remember a song called "Shimmy, Shimmy Cocoa Pop" but this fabuloustly fun card brought back that memory to me big time. I loved to dance to it...wish I'd been wearing a dress that resembled this amazing card. You really outdid yourself in the happiness category big time with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such fun. I immediately thought of pinata when I saw your card. Great sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to be so late in coming by to tell you how much I love your card. Fantastic, fun, fringy card! I just love it. What a great take on the words...

    ReplyDelete