Saturday 7 July 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post for July

Hi everybody and welcome to my 'Girl Friday' post for July!! Its been a very busy week here with lots of cold frosty mornings and now the kids have finished school for two weeks holiday. Hopefully between the odd days working we can find something to amuse ourselves.....

I'm up on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today with a card that required some masking, which I'm not very good at but practice makes perfect...right???


I've just realised that in this photo it looks like one of the sequins is blue...its actually iridescent pink but must have picked up some colour from the blue shirt I was wearing. I actually like the colour combo, might have to use that on my next card...talk about unexpected inspiration!!

I started by stamping the bunny from the Somebunny stamp set on my card front. I also stamped it on some Inkadinkadoo masking paper and fussy cut it out. I placed the mask over the bunny and stamped the Full-on Floral Background Stamp over it in black ink. I then removed the mask and coloured the bunny, balloon and the odd flowers with pencils.

The sentiment (from the same set) was stamped in black on white CS, then adhered to some pink and then black CS, creating a frame around it. This was popped on foam tape, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled. Its hard to see in the photo but I also added some Glossy Accents to the balloon for a bit of shine and dimension.



Hopefully I've inspired you to try some masking with your background stamps and if your wanting to purchase these products or any others from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps don't forget to use my special code to save yourself some money!!





Thanks so much for stopping by and will see you back on the CFS blog later in the month!

Take care
Shona


1 comment:

  1. AAAW! This is sweet and I like the touch of blue, as well. Your masking is dead on as it your coloring of this sweet image. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete