Wednesday 4 July 2018

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge

Hi everybody!! Its Wednesday night here so that means its past halfway thru the week. Its been an incredibly cold one with this morning having a -3.3 degrees celcius frost!! I usually start gardening around 9.30am but had to push it out to 10.45am so I didn't freeze to death. As it was some of the ground was still frozen at 1.30pm!!

I spent this past weekend staying with my Mum and making LOTS of cards. It was a good chance to use some of the new stamps I've collected over the past few months and also try out a few designs and techniques I've had squirreled away in my brain. And with this weeks theme being 'Anything Goes' at the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge it means I can link all my experiments!



I find inspiration all over the place and one of my favourites is magazines about houses which cover interior, exterior, gardens and art. I recently saw this plate in a Your Homes and Garden mag:





I thought there was something really cool about the middle plate design, especially having the light pink background. I wondered if I could create a similar card:


Can you see the plate in this design?? I hope so. It was so much fun to do, not using a sketch or colour combo. And gave me a chance to use some older stamps and dies that haven't seen love in a while....

I started by die-cutting a circle of pink CS using a die from Couture Creations. I grabbed two stamp sets from Waffle Flower - 'Loved' and 'Leafy' and using similar colours to the plate, stamped images over the circle. 

When I had finished I thought the circle on the card front looked a bit bare, so I die-cut the Waffle Flower 'Doily Square Die' from white CS and adhered to the card front. I then popped the circle on some foam tape.

For a bit of interest I used my Nuvo Crystal Drops in White to add some details to the flowers. The sentiment (from Waffle Flower 'Balloon Messages') was heat embossed in white on black CS, fussy cut out and put on foam tape. No need for sequins for this one for a change!!

Its dinnertime here so better go and rustle something up. I can hear the fire roaring behind me but unfortunately it doesn't really come into my little craft corner. I need a little heater under my desk but in the meantime I'll continue colouring and stamping from my bed where I can sit on my electric blanket!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shona! What a beautiful design. I love the layout and layering. Most of all the use of Nuvo Crystal drops for flower centres. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete