Wednesday 11 July 2018

MFT Stamps - Colour Challenge # 96

Talk about being forgetful!! When I stayed at my Mum's place nearly two weeks ago, I made a card for the current MFT Stamps Colour Challenge. I just found it and realised I didn't link it up. Thank goodness there are 9hrs still to go!!!!


These are such pretty colours together. Unfortunately I didn't have any ink pads that would come close to these colours or even pencils, so I had to get creative:


My daughters friend Ella just brought in her new puppy for me to have a cuddle. Funnily enough she is black and white, and of course cute as a button. Bella (our Golden Retriever) was so excited and couldn't stop sniffing and licking her. I so wish we could get her a new playmate!!

To start off I grabbed my box of paint chips and found a pink, blue and mint that matched the challenge colours. I then used a banner die from MFT Stamps 'Blueprints 26' die set to die cut them all a few times each. I adhered them to the card front, alternating their length to add some interest.

This puppy (from MFT Stamps 'Furever Friends') was coloured with pencils. I got a bit creative with this one and added some black splotches. I fussy cut him out and added some foam tape to his back. I then used one of the paw print stamps (from the same set) and stamped it in black up the right side of the card.

The sentiment (also from the same set) was white heat embossed on black CS, fussy cut out and put on foam tape, along with the puppy and some co-ordinating sequins from Neat and Tangled.

Max has gone to stay at a friends house tonight, so Dave, Phoebe and I are having Doner Kebabs for dinner. I haven't had one for ages and love chicken and falafel in mine. I had a very busy day trimming huge hedges all day, so think I'll go and put my pjs on and plonk myself on the couch, ready for when Dave comes home. Heaven!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Once again, you're so clever with those paint chips. You made the perfect card to celebrate Ella's new puppy. Just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - how innovative you are with paint chips Shona - love the result!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete