Monday 5 June 2017

The Flower Challenge - June

Well, hello there everyone and welcome to another month at The Flower Challenge!! Thank you to everyone that took part in last months 'CASE a Designer' challenge, the cards were incredible and its getting harder and harder to choose our favourites!! This months theme is going to be very popular I'm sure:






That's right, you can do whatever design you like. As long as you have flowers as your main focal point, you can do whatever project you like. How fabulous is that??!!!

When I was staying at my Mum's recently I took total advantage of having the time to try new things out. I had a new stamp set that hadn't seen the light of day and it deserved to be inked up and used all over my card:


In New Zealand we have access to a craft company called Rosies Studio. I can't find out much about them on the Internet but I think they may be an Australian company. They have stamps, papers, wools, enamel dots etc....basically you name it, they have it and its extremely cheap. Their stamps aren't the best quality but they have gotten better over the years and this particular floral stamp set (called 'Flourish') is their best yet! And it only cost me $5.00!!

Thank goodness for my MISTI!! This stamp set has three flower images, one leaf image and one bud image. I used my MISTI to stamp them randomly across the card front, as close as I could to each other to get good coverage. I then set myself up with a good tv programme (Grimm, SVU and Empire) and coloured away with my Faber Castell pencils.

I didn't want to cover up all my hard work, so for the sentiment I die-cut a circle of vellum using a circle die from Waffle Flower 'Flower Circles Dies' and heat embossed the sentiment from Studio Katia 'Thank you so much' in gold. I was then able to put thin strips of double-sided tape behind the letters to hide it and adhered to the card front, along with some gold sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this card to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

 
You have until Sunday 25th June to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and if you need any inspiration for your design, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. I'm sure you will find something to spark the imagination!! Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me...$5.00. What a bargain and, brother, did you put it to good use. Love your coloring, of course, but you also picked the perfect sentiment to enhance that floral. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous deal on that stamp! Just love all those beautiful flowers you created, really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely...great deal...also great solution on how to add a sentiment after your whole card is stamped without covering it up, I always forget about using vellum.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful stamp for such a good price - can't beat that! Given how often I spend large amounts of cash on one stamp that gets used once, this company has the right idea. Love the design - it makes for a wonderful all over pattern - and the gold on the vellum means you don't lose any of your wonderful colouring. Beautifully done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So prettty Shona,love your beautiful flowers too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've created an awesome DIY patterned background!!! And the pencil coloring is beautiful! To use some vellum for the sentiment was a great design idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shonna, love to see DIY pattern papers and background panels, yours is lovely in that beautiful shade of pink.
    Great idea of using the vellum for your sentiment.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete