Friday 16 June 2017

Reminder: The Flower Challenge - June

Hi everyone! Hope your having a fabulous week and everything has been going as planned. I've unfortunately been sick since Saturday afternoon and its also been freezing cold, so its been a very long week for me. Hopefully I'm on the mend and need to be in fine form for the weekend as the kids are having friends over to stay!!







We are having a lot of fun this month at The Flower Challenge as we have 'Anything Goes' as the theme, so the Gallery is filled with an amazing variety of floral designs. 

For my card I desperately wanted to use some new products that I just received on Saturday. I purchased some new release dies because when I saw them I immediately thought I could make something like this and thank goodness it worked:


My 'rainbow' flower!! This is exactly how I saw myself using the new MFT Stamps 'Color Drops' dies. It was harder than I thought to put together but I'm so glad it turned out how I imagined!

I started off by die-cutting two different sizes of the dies from Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS, six each. I then used a mini-blending tool and six Distress Inks to colour each one, making six pairs of colours. To get them to fit together I cut the points off each drop and adhered the larger ones to the card front.

To make it more like a flower I gently bent the smaller die-cuts (just with my fingers), cut their points off and adhered into place. To cover the messy middle, I die-cut the MFT Stamps 'Smile' 3x from white CS. I glued them all together and then on to a strip of black CS. I cut the strip so it was only slightly larger than the word and popped on foam tape.

For a bit more shine I absolutely drowned the die-cut word with clear Wink of Stella, giving two or three coats and gluing on some clear sequins from Neat and Tangled. Love it so much!

I'm going to link this to a new challenge I've discovered in New Zealand!! Its the Southern Girls Challenge # 16 and their theme is 'Stuck on You'. So nice to join a challenge in my own country!!

You still have time to get your projects linked to The Flower Challenge, it closes on Sunday 25th June. And please pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Take care
Shona
 

8 comments:

  1. My Goodness what a clever inspirational card Shona. Love the colours you have used. Its stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Shona, such pretty colours and love the clever flower idea too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, hope you're feeling better. Especially since you have a big weekend with the kids planned. As for your card...so ingenious. Who knew all you needed was a circle die and cardstock to grow a garden. Brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....your card brings a bit smile to my face, just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever card - really love how it has depth and colour and is so simple. And well done you for not letting your new stuff just sit on the sidelines for months like me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can create the prettiest flower with some droplets, Shona!!! Awesome CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this card Shona!! looks awesome!! well done mf.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Shona: First of all, I hope that, by the time you read this note, you are already feeling a lot better, when I read your post and you said you were freezing I was surprised but then I remember you live in New Zealand and then, it clicked, you guys are in your Winter months, we up here in the USA, are still enjoying Spring, with some very hot days.
    But your card is beautiful, love the flower you created with this droplet dies, the colors are so soft and pretty, love the dimension on it, just lovely.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete