Thursday 8 June 2017

CASology Challenge # 252

I seem to be rather obsessed with the CASology challenge at the moment. Last year I used to join in nearly every week but then time (as usual) got away on me. The last few weeks I've loved the cue words so much, I decided to make the time and luckily the card for this challenge was super quick to put together!!







When I saw the cue word this week was 'insect' I immediately thought of butterflies. However, as you may know, I like to think outside the box a bit when it comes to this challenge. And after going thru all of my stamp sets, I came up with this little cutie:


I'm not a huge fan of spiders but this one is small enough to not scare me!! Luckily in New Zealand we don't have many large spiders and none that are deadly but a fat, black, furry one will always get a scream out of me!!

As you can imagine this was super simple to put together. The longest part was working out which sentiment to use!! The spider and web are both from different Hampton Arts stamp sets (they don't have names). The heart is from Paper Smooches and die-cut from a blood red paint chip. I was going to use a sentiment that said 'Welcome Home' but when I saw this one from Neat and Tangled 'Better Together', I thought it was perfect!!

I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Masculine)



Uniko Challenge # 41 



Stamplorations - CAS Challenge - June 



While I've been typing this all I can hear in the background is Dance Mom's with Phoebe laughing away. She absolutely loves that programme. The dancing is incredible but all the yelling and screaming is a bit much for me. I wouldn't last 5 minutes as a Dance Mom on that show, I'd spend most of my time crying!! And my crying face is way too ugly for television......lol....

Take care
Shona
 

 

13 comments:

  1. Oh my - this is so stinkin' CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! I have to save this...it'd make a super cute Valentine too! You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is right up my alley. Terrific sentiment for this sweet little image. It cracks me up that you are leery of spiders but watch all those scary horror films. I, personally, like them. I was delighted to see that you're a fan of one of my favorite shows, Grimm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your CAS design and choice of elements are flawless, Shona...LOVE this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great CAS design Shona, love it. thanks for joining us at Uniko,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creepy! Fun, CAS and fabulous Shona and great to see you link up at Uniko with this stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, I find it difficult to believe that you are spooked by spiders given your penchant for horror films! LOL!! You totally crack me up, Sho!! :-) Adore your take on this week's cue! The sentiment is fabulous too. Your idea about using a 'welcome home' sentiment made me chuckle also. SO much great material! Love that sense of humour!! So glad that you have been bitten by the CASology bug this week, Sho! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute, clever and creative. Love the time and thought that went into this incredible card, and I'm sure the recipient will also be pleased. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun, Cute and CAS! Wonderful take on our cue word. So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really LOVE your creative and CAS style. Your cards never cease to amaze me and lovely to see you in the Uniko Challenge gallery. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just sooo cute! Now I don't say that very often about spiders. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eeekk..this is so freaking cute!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations CAS Challenge for June! :)
    Suchi- DT xx

    ReplyDelete