Thursday 1 June 2017

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 84

Hi everyone, hope your week is going smoothly and you've had a chance to squeeze in some crafting here and there. I'm wanting to remind you about our current TIME OUT challenge where we have a phrase to inspire you:


                                 'Flowers and Friends make life a garden'


You could be inspired by one of the words or maybe the idea behind the phrase. Its totally up to you!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Stamplorations who are generously giving a $15 gift voucher to the winner. Oh so lucky!!


Shery from Stamplorations very generously allowed the TIME OUT girls to choose a stamp set to use for this challenge. I'd had my eye on this one for a while and knew it would be just perfect:


This stamp set is called 'Blossoming' and includes the sentiment. I think those flowers are absolutely gorgeous and couldn't wait to get them coloured!!

I stamped the flower image on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS using Memento Ink and coloured them with my Altenew Markers. I then fussy cut it out and went around the cut edge with a black marker. Even though the image already has the black frame around it, I wanted it to be precise so adhered it to a piece of white CS and trimmed it very closely to the edge. This was put on foam tape on the card front.

The sentiment was simply stamped with black ink and I added some clear and blue sequins from Neat and Tangled to add a bit of shine. I then decided to brush the middle of each flower with lots of Wink of Stella for a bit more of a shimmer. I would love to make a set of these in different colours, will have to add that to my long list of things to try!!

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

 

You have until Wednesday 7th June to link your projects to the TIME OUT  challenge and if you need any ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer, the always spectacular Michele of I Card Everyone  has created to inspire you. Look forward to seeing your projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

8 comments:

  1. So pretty, Sho ... you and I share a love of those gorgeous aqua blue hues ... and here you've made them a fabulous centre of attention with your delicate colouring on these lovely blooms! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Shona! I love your color palette, so pretty, and the angular panel was a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful coloring. Love the soft soothing color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Thud*...means that I'm, once again, on the floor in awe of your amazing talent. Putting your panel at an angle makes all the difference with this card. Only you would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Shona, amazing colouring and love how you angled thr panel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a stunning floral tile and the sentiment is perfect.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love that you set this on a diamond. You coloring is GORGEOUS and that sentiment is fantastic. Lovely card, as always.

    ReplyDelete