Thursday 29 June 2017

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 86

Hi there everyone!! I'm popping in to remind you all about our current challenge at TIME OUT!! We have a theme for you this time:


                Celebration with optional twist of one-layer cards


There are already some incredible celebratory cards in the Gallery, including some fantastic one-layer wonders. So keep them coming!!

We are also very excited to have CAS-ual Fridays Stamps as the Sponsor of this challenge and they are giving a $20 voucher to the winner. How fabulous is that!!!!






If you saw my blog post yesterday, you will have read that I've been having a few problems with my hands. So I'm starting off simply with my card making and slowly getting back into it. And of course I'm a HUGE fan of one-layer cards, so this was the perfect time to make one:


I finally got my hands on some Distress Oxide Inks (and saw the other day they are releasing 12 more colours.....) and wanted to see if they spread like butter as so many people have said.

To create the stripes I simply used some wide washi tape and created each stripe, trying to alternate the sizes as I went. And that Oxide ink really does spread beautifully!!  Once I was happy with the stripes I used my heat gun to make sure they were dry as I was wanted to do some heat embossing. 

Using Versafine Black ink I stamped the sentiments (from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Wait for It') twice on top of the stripes and immediately heat embossed with clear embossing powder. This gives the words the most amazing shine which I couldn't quite capture with my photo. All that was left to do then was add some sequins from Neat and Tangled and I was finished!!  

The stamp set I used 'Wait for It' is actually one of many stamp sets being 'Retired' by CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and they are a really good price at the moment. You could even save a bit more by using my 'Girl Friday' code below!!



I'm going to link this card to Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


Will also link to the AAA Card Challenge # 93 where their theme is:



You have until Wednesday July 5th to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and please pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our magnificent Guest Designer TaeEun have created to inspire you. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
   

13 comments:

  1. Cool, crisp, graphic and fabulous, Shona ... those Dox inks sound wonderful (I'm resisting temptation for now!!). Do hope you're beginning to pick up and that it won't be long before you're back en-forme! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card...love your wonderful clean stripes, just perfect with the bits of sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...do you love those Oxides. You are such a fabulous ink blender, they may not be a deal to you but, since I'm a lousy blender, I love them. One thing for sure, they look incredible on the care (or should I say, awesome). Brilliant way to show them off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cold Shona, how bold these stripes look, so,perfect for this sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona, So sorry to hear about your fibromyalgia. So painful and I hope you are getting relief. Gorgeous bold stripes Shona. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That's a stunner! Love those stripes behind your words, really makes them pop and take centre stage. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is simply yummilicious Shona! Love the colour combo and striking CAS design. It's definitely awesome in creating a centre stage sentiment and a show-stopping card. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those stripes are awesome!! Fun and pretty colors, Shona, and the sentiment shines. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your crisp, clean stripes Shona. Great way to create them - I do love my DO inks and am about to buy that second set. I love the way they blend and the way they react with water! Wonderful one layer card with this fantastic sentiment taking center stage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card! Love the stripes! Great design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card in awesome colors! The sentiment looks so good! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card Shona - the colours you chose go perfectly together. And you Achieved perfect black crispness on that sentiment :) hope your hands are better asap!!! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete