Wednesday 14 June 2017

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 246

Hi everyone and welcome to a new week at Addicted to Stamps and More!!  We have your favourite challenge theme this week:







That's right, you can make any type of project you like and any theme you fancy. Its a chance to try out new colours, new products, new techniques...new anything. So go for it!

I was playing around with a stamp set that I haven't used too much, mainly because I'm not very confident in my ability to colour people but I can't get better if I don't practice so here we go:


Luckily these kids still look cute even with my crazy colouring skills and I even added some freckles to the red-headed girl, which was a bit of an experiment!!

I started off by stamping all the images on some white CS and colouring with pencils. I then fussy cut them all out and this is where I had a mishap. I always go around my fussy cut pieces with a black felt pen. My favourite one ran out and I have a brand new one which is super juicy. As I went around their edges I could see that even just touching them lightly was causing the black to leak past the black edges and the red-headed girl ended up with a black hand, hence only one arm showing. The pen I purchased was more expensive than my last but think I'll go back to the cheap version, way easier to control!!

I arranged the kids around the doughnut, glued them into place and then added foam tape behind them. I wanted to create a heart behind them but didn't have a stencil so I die-cut a faceted heart from a scrap of CS and blended my new 'Worn Lipstock' Oxide Ink. Boy it goes on just like butter!! I then popped my kids in place, stamped the sentiment in black and glued on some sequins for sparkle. Not too bad!

The stamp images and sentiment are all from Neat and Tangled 'Say Yes to Donuts' (which is always my motto!). The faceted die is also from Neat and Tangled, as well as the sequins.

You have until next Wednesday 21st June to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge. If your struggling with inspiration, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. I'm sure you'll find something to spark an idea. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona

2 comments:

  1. Too darn cute...love your yummy doughnut and all those little sweeties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is sweet (pun intended) and love the way you used the stencil to create the pink heart. Don't you just love those Oxides?

    ReplyDelete