Friday 9 June 2017

Just Add Ink Challenge # 363

Happy Friday everybody! Max has been sick all this week with a stomach bug and hives, so I'm very glad that the weekend is only hours away!! Its also been freezing cold with lots of morning frosts, which is not much fun to be gardening in but the days have been sunny and warm so that's a bonus!!

With it being Friday it also means we have a new challenge theme for you at Just Add Ink:




This can be a project to celebrate any anniversary you like. Maybe a wedding anniversary, maybe the anniversary of when you started your blog or maybe the anniversary of when someone started their job?? Its totally up to you!!

This past weekend it was the anniversary of my father dying, 4 years has gone by so quickly. I still look out for him here and there and think I must remember to tell him a funny thing that happened, only to remember he isn't around anymore. It was too hard to make a card for this so I decided to go happy and floral instead:


It's been hard finding time to colour lately, which is even more frustrating after I now have the ink and CS to colour with my alcohol inks without them bleeding etc. I snuck off to bed early the other night to watch some more of the latest season of House of Cards (its so good!!!) on Netflix and colour these flowers. I love using my Altenew alcohol markers and can totally understand why people are so obsessed with their Copic markers.

I cut a panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS and stamped the flowers and leaves using Memento ink. After colouring them in I decided to try out something I've seen a lot of people do and outlined each image with a light blue marker. Boy does it make a difference!!!

After die-cutting the 'happy' from the panel, I adhered it to the card front. I also die-cut the 'happy' from black CS and a light blue paint chip. I inlaid the blue one first and then glued the black one slightly higher and then the coloured one slightly higher again. This way you can see the different colours underneath.

To finish off I heat embossed the 'anniversary' in white on a strip of black CS, adhered it in place and glued on a few peach and gold sequins.

The flowers and leaves are from Altenew 'Adore You'. The 'happy' die is from Winnie and Walter, as well as the sentiment from 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy'. The sequins are from Neat and Tangled.

You have until next Wednesday 14th June to link your projects to the Just Add Ink challenge. And if you need any inspiration, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Shona, and I must give the blue outlining a try. Those pink flowers are lovely, and wonderfully colored. The camouflaged 'happy' really works well here; it doesn't detract from those amazing blossoms. Such a wonderful card. I know what those 'hard' anniversaries are like, too. May you find comfort in the arms of your family, and peace in all your precious memories. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Miss Shona...love all your gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the way you've die cut and inlaid the 'happy'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear heaven...you are so prolific and each one of your cards is better than the last. You, apparently, have an unlimited supply of creativity and imagination. Plus you're funny and kind. Guess you have it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona this is gorgeous! Its like a wonderful floral wallpaper! I love that almost peekaboo effect of the happy too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Shona! I love the colouring details that you've added to these lovely flowers and the die cut happy is such a great effect too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I need to get onto this marker band wagon so I can try out some pretty colouring! Stunning background, but that sentiment panel - wow, so effective! Love the pretty & happy! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my fav techniques at the moment and yours is amazing Shona. Sorry to hear about your father's passing, but this card really is beautiful, Chlo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you found a beautiful way to cope with this painful anniversary~this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete