Wednesday 28 June 2017

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 248

Hi everybody, long time no see!! Sorry I haven't been around much of late, I had my first ever fibromyalgia flare a few weeks ago and it really affected the carpal tunnel I already have in my hands. I couldn't hold a pencil, brush or type, it was so frustrating!! They are slowly getting back to working order so hopefully more cards will be coming your way!!

With it being Wednesday it also means that its time for a new challenge theme at Addicted to Stamps and More!! 




Its 'Holiday' week! Which means you can create a card for a public holiday or maybe just a holiday theme, its totally up to you!!

When I look back on it, I really should have created a Christmas card as I haven't made anywhere near enough so far this year, but I got my hands on this stamp set and couldn't wait to use it:


Isn't this ghost the cutest??!! He is from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Spooky' and he has been 'Retired'. Which means there aren't many of him left but he is an amazing price AND if you use my 'Girl Friday' code below you can save yourself another 15%!! And they have retired a whole lot of other stamp sets so go grab yourself a bargain!!



I wanted (and needed) to keep this very simple for my hands sake. I heat embossed the ghost many times on black CS using white embossing powder. I then used a Derwent Colorsoft pencil in 'white' to colour them in. I tried a few different pencils but this one gave such a soft effect with the black showing thru, just like a ghost!!

I fussy cut all the ghosts out and adhered to the black card front. This gave them a bit more dimension. I then heat embossed the sentiment (from the same stamp set) in white on a strip of black CS and popped it up on foam tape. I cut off the overhanging ghost pieces and was going to add some sequins but I though googly eyes would add a bit of fun on the card instead!!

You have until Wednesday July 5th to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge and definitely pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the incredible Design Team have created to inspire you!!

This is also unfortunately a sad post for me as its my last post as a ATSM Design Team member. My gardening work is overwhelmingly busy at the moment (I have to say no to people now wanting my services) and its leaving me extremely tired at night, which is when I usually craft. I was getting myself wound up with being late for challenges and not commenting enough, so something had to give. I've been a part of this team since January 2015 and loved every minute of it. Kylie (our leader) is absolutely wonderful and I've gotten to know so many team members over the years too. Its now time to let someone else have a turn and feel the excitement I did when I joined. Thank you so much Kylie and ATSM!!

Take care
Shona

3 comments:

  1. cute spooky images, it is real fun card. we gonna miss you shona, i understand priorities keeps us busy. shall stay connected

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card,love it...hugs Ċ½eljka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Shona...you will be missed at ATSM but totally understand. Home and family always come first in my book. Love your adorable ghost card, love each and everyone of your fussy cut ghosts, just spooky enough!

    ReplyDelete