Monday 6 March 2017

Winnie and Walter 3rd Birthday Bash - Bright Colours Challenge with Lydia

Hi there, I'm back again with my second Winnie and Walter '3rd Birthday Bash' entry. This time its for the Bright Colours Challenge with Lydia.




For the past week I seem to have made so many rainbow coloured cards. I thought that nothing beats a bright rainbow mix of colours, so why not make my final rainbow of the week:


I've become rather obsessed with the 'block' stamp image from the W&W 'Welcome to the Family with Evelin T Designs' stamp set. I can see it in my mind being used for so many different patterns (as you will see on one of my other entries...). For this one I kept imaging brightly coloured building blocks with a white fluffy bear sitting on his own.

I used six different Distress Inks and my mini-blending tool to colour a panel of white CS. I then stamped the block image on to each one and fussy cut it out, removing the top part of the stamp image. I gave them all a quick flick with water and soaked the droplets up with a tissue to add a bit of interest. The blocks were then put on foam tape, with any overhang being trimmed off.

I heat embossed the sentiment (from the same stamp set) in Rose Gold on a piece of vellum and adhered to the blocks by putting double-sided tape behind the words. The bear (which had been stamped on white CS and fussy cut) was put on foam tape and I glued on a few co-ordinating sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm also going to link this to the W&W 3rd Birthday Bash - Ink Blending Challenge with Vanessa.

And will also link to the W&W 3rd Birthday Bash - Cute Critters Challenge with Gayatri.

I've got one more entry to link before I got to bed and will link the rest tomorrow so you get a bit of a break!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments: