Tuesday 14 March 2017

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 78

Hi there! Another apology from me in this blog post being late. This should have gone out last Thursday 9th March but I've been too sick with the flu to get it organised, so I'm very sorry about that.






This has been a very exciting challenge for us at TIME OUT as we are celebrating our 3rd birthday!! The time has gone by so quickly and we have grown so much over this time, with our popularity and our team size. Thank you to everyone that has joined and supported the challenge over the years and here's to many more!!

We have lots of exciting things for you to win with this challenge too, so make sure you check out the TIME OUT blog for all the details.

The challenge theme is:

Love and/or Friendship with the optional twist of 'spotlight stamping' where you add colour only to one raised area of your image

This is quite a popular technique and one I quite enjoy to do myself. And I must say that the Gallery is bursting with so many incredible examples of this!!

For my card, things didn't quite go to plan but I managed to keep it together and create a simple card for a friend:



I started off by stamping the My Favourite Things 'Bundles of Blossoms' background stamp in black ink on a panel of white CS. I then used the large circular tag die from Winnie and Walter 'Essentials: Carlys Cutaways', snipping off the tag part at the top. I was then able to die-cut the W&W 'In a Word: Friend' die from the middle of it. My idea then was to colour the die-cut word portion with pencils but I managed to drop all the pencils on it, lead side down, from the pencils case and it was ruined!

So, I cut a piece of white CS and glued it behind the circle. I die-cut 'friend' twice from white CS and once from a pink paint chip, glued them together and then inlaid into the circle. The circle was then popped up on lots of foam tape. The rest of the sentiment (from W&W 'The Big, the Bold and Happy') was simply stamped on a strip of white CS, put on foam tape and I glued on a few pink and clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

You still have just under two days to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and if you need any ideas with the 'spotlight colouring' technique, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our amazing Guest Designer Ardyth have created for you.

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. Hope both you and Max are feeling a lot better. Still can't believe how you were able to make this wonderful card while you were so sick...but I'm so glad you did. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that background stamp in the black ink and your die in a hint of color! Very pretty card! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling much better by now, Shona, and the flu has been well and truly banished! Your card is beautiful ... fresh, CAS and crisp ... the pop of pink is so prettyagainst the monochrome background! Bummer about the pencils tumbling ... though wonderfully recovered! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh you have been through the wars. I hope you are feeling better now. And the best laid plans!! I am always smudging inks etc but often just leave it as at least it shows it is handmade!! I do love how you kept the background plain and it really helps us to focus on the sentiment, sending love x

    ReplyDelete