Friday 31 March 2017

2017 Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop - Entry #1

I'm whizzing in (with a few hours to spare...) with a few entries for the 2017 Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.





I've loved seeing all the amazing entries for the hop and as I type this there are 1019 entries.....woo hoo!!! Amy must be so proud about how popular the hop has become, as she certainly puts so much time and energy into each one. She's a machine, I don't know how she does it all!!

This first entry came to me the other day when I was making another card using this stamp set. I thought it would be great to show colourful 'Spring' flowers coming from the stark, white coffee pot, just like Winter. It wouldn't let me create anything else until it was made, so I had to get stamping...and fast:


I haven't made a one-layer card for a while, so it was nice not to have get out the foam tape etc!!. I used my MISTI to stamp all of this so I could make sure I got everything in the right place.

I stamped the coffee pot first and then followed on from there, stamping them all in Versafine black ink. Once the ink had dried I coloured only the flowers with pencils and glued on some co-ordinating sequins for a bit of shine. It turned out just like the picture in my mind!!

The floral stamp is from Waffle Flower 'Big Bear and Bird'. The rest of the stamp images are from Altenew 'Coffee Love'. The sequins are from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.




And will also link to the  Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday Challenge
where their theme is 'Spring/Easter'.



Max is back from his school camp and I'm in between loads of laundry. He had a fantastic time and is very tired. Think it will be a quiet weekend at home, which suits me perfectly!!

Take care
Shona
 

13 comments:

  1. What an adorable card, Shona. I love that coffee dispenser...SO cute. Great job on your overall design.

    Have a blessed week,
    Karen Letchworth


    P.S. For another FUN challenge, I'd love to have you join us at Word Art Wednesday. Always Anything Goes and lots of great prizes, too. Come, play along with us!
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just caught my eye! Such a pretty card and so perfectly CAS! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stamp is beautiful and your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever and eye catching, love this CAS beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this stamp!!! Simply perfect for a Spring coffee party invitation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona, this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SHONA!!!!!
    So happy to see you link up and with the most awesome springy card...you're always so creative!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a delightful design this is - L*O*V*E!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this card so much. The fine line stamping and the lovely coloring. It looks pristine and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey shona! super cool card, luv the flowers pouring from the pot...great idea! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a super idea and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete