Friday 3 March 2017

Just Add Ink Challenge # 349

Hi there everyone!! Hope you've been having a fantastic week and your ready for a new challenge theme at Just Add Ink!! We have a fun and colourful photo to inspire you this week:







This is so pretty and delicious looking. I would have loved something like this when I was a little girl (actually to be honest I would still love this now!!). You can be inspired by the colours, the food, the balloons....basically anything from this photo!


I couldn't get away from using those rainbow colours and set myself a ridiculous stamping task which was worth it when finished:

  
I wanted to try and recreate the macaroon shape and managed to find this oval stamp from Altenew 'Simple Shapes'. Using my MISTI and Waffle Flower dye inks, I stamped each oval twice (to get a bright colour) across a panel of white CS. It took a very long time but I managed to catch up on some tv while doing it (American Crime and Madam Secretary).

Once I had finished I used my new Winnie and Walter 'Essentials: Audrey Cutaways' smaller panel die. I stamped the sentiments (from Altenew 'Celebrate') twice with black Versafine Ink and clear heat embossed for some shine. The panel was then popped up on foam tape and I glued on some co-ordinating sequins from Neat and Tangled.

You have until next Wednesday 8th March to link your projects to the Just Add Ink challenge. And if you need any inspiration, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Looking forward to seeing all the rainbows of colour in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. You're just to brilliant for words...as is this fantastic birthday card. Your background stamping is dead on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers! That's a whole lot of stamping and so perfectly done as well...Worth the time Shona, it's an awesome take on the inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Shona!! The time and effort was well worth it as your background is absolutely perfect and I adore your Yay sentiment too. Yay for you :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome - fantastic use of the photo inspiration. Love all bright colours & the geometric design! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dedication to detail and colour Shona! The colours trail wonderfully vibrant trails across your panel. x

    ReplyDelete