Tuesday 7 March 2017

Winnie and Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash - Ink Smooshing with Heather H.

I'm back with my 5th and final entry for the Winnie and Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash!  Thank goodness my cards are all done as I can feel myself becoming sick with the flu/cold that Phoebe, Dave and Max have had over the last three weeks. I haven't been sick ages, so looks like its now my turn. Oh goodie!!




For this card I am entering the Ink Smooshing Challenge with Heather H. I really enjoy this technique because its totally uncontrolled and different every single time. Nice to make a mess instead of keeping everything clean and tidy!!
 

I cut a panel of water colour CS and using Distress Ink 'Mermaid Lagoon', water and my ink block, I smooshed the colour over it a few times. Once it had dried I used the medium circle die from W&W 'Essentials: Carly Cutaways' to cut out a portion of it. I also decided to die-cut the bottom of the card with a stitched-curved die (from Pretty Pink Posh) just for a bit of a change and it went with the curve of the circle.

On a piece of water colour CS I stamped and heat embossed the flowers and leaves (from W&W 'In Bloom: Addies Garden') in white. I then used Real Color Zig Brush Markers to colour them in, along with a water brush. Once they were dry I fussy cut them out. The circle panel was popped up on foam tape on the card front and the flowers/leaves adhered with double-sided tape and foam tape. The sentiment was simply stamped in black (from W&W 'Happiest of Holidays with Evelin T Designs') and glued on with some blue/clear sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this to the Winnie and Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash - Three Challenge with Shay as I used three colours - grey, green and blue. And I also had a card base with three straight sides and one curved.

And I will also link to the Winnie and Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash - Mood Board Challenge with Heather P. 


I wanted to join a couple of other challenges. One being The Card Concept Challenge # 68 where their inspiration photo is:


And will also join the Stamplorations CAS March Challenge where their inspiration this month is:




Thank you so much for getting through all my W&W entries and I hope you enjoyed them all. I feel absolutely dreadful now so will go back to the couch and hope someone will look after me.......yeah right!!

Take care
Shona
 

10 comments:

  1. Dear heaven...so beautiful. I could get lost in this card. Love the grey with pale blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear heaven...so beautiful. I could get lost in this card. Love the grey with pale blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love to ink smoosh too and you've reminded me that it's been a while since I did. Hope you bounce back soon. Autumn is far too early to be struck with winter ills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS!!!! What a stunning card Miss Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup! Gorgeous is the perfect word for this card. I love it. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this design...beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that blue watercolor piece behind your pretty flowers. Great design! Thanks for playing along in the STAMPlorations CAS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely my FAVE STUNNING card of the lot! LOOOOVE it-- HUGS Shona dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your win at The Card Concept! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, I love the smooshing in the background. Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete