Friday 31 March 2017

Just Add Ink Challenge # 353

Happy Friday everybody and its also the last day of March...eeek! This year is flying by faster than last year, what's going on??? Its also the start of a new challenge week for Just Add Ink and we have a really cute theme idea for you:




Critters are any living creature, so you can go crazy with all the cute little animals etc you have in your craft stash!!

While I had the flu a few weeks ago, it gave me a chance to catch up on some of Jennifer McGuires videos and this one really caught my eye, so had to try it out:



Jennifer's video was all about creating a window with tuille stretched across it (instead of say vellum or acetate). Do you think I could find tuille in my little town?? I thought it would be easy to get my hands on but it wasn't the case, so I ended up with some ribbon that was see-through but also had a shimmer to it, so it wasn't a bad second option!!

I started off by die-cutting the rectangle from the panel of kraft CS. I then put it over the card front, used a pencil to mark the window and then die-cut it from the card, so they would match perfectly. I added strips of double-sided tape to the back of the craft window and put the ribbon in place. More tape was added around the card front window and the kraft panel was pressed on top.

I stamped the images in black Versafine ink, coloured with pencils and added some white gel pen details. The bear/bird image was stamped on white CS twice, coloured with pencils and fussy cut out. I then stuck one on to the ribbon front (with double-sided tape) and one on the inside of the ribbon so they matched up. This meant there was an image on the inside of the window instead of looking at the back of the front one with tape on it.

The sentiment was simply stamped on a piece of white CS, popped up on foam tape and some sequins added for a bit of shine. I'm so happy with how it turned out and hopefully at some stage I can find some tuille to do it properly!!

The stamped images are all from Waffle Flower 'Big Bear and Bird'. The sequins are from Neat and Tangled and the rectangle die from Couture Creations.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.




Will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wedneday Challenge - March where their theme is 'Spring/Easter', where my little chick and flowers should hopefully fit in perfectly.







You have until Wednesday 5th April to link your projects to the Just Add Ink challenge and if you need any help with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Can't wait to see all your cute critters in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona


9 comments:

  1. A darling card, Shona - love your floral frame! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Sho! I want a bear hug from this fuzzy guy and his widdle friend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet Shona! Your critters are adorable and I love how you framed them with the floral clusters. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sparkly screen must be gorgeous in real life. Wish I could see it better but the card is so cute, I really didn't need to. Terrific coloring...that bear and bird are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sparkly screen must be gorgeous in real life. Wish I could see it better but the card is so cute, I really didn't need to. Terrific coloring...that bear and bird are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a super cute bear and window Shona! I also love the beautiful floral sprays and sparkle you've surrounded him with - so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great window technique! I love the bear, and how textured he looks. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute, Shona! The ribbon background is a fun look. I must try that tulle look some day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh cute! And thanks for sharing the tulle idea! I am putting that one my list to try! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete