Friday 3 March 2017

Little Tangles Challenge # 78

Hi there everybody and welcome to the Little Tangles challenge for March!! We have a fantastic, colourful theme for you this month:

You can't beat rainbow colours on a card design and for all of you on the otherside of the world where its freezing cold, hopefully all these rainbows will brighten your day!!

I decided that my Ziggies needed more love and I wanted to try and create the brightest rainbow ever. I wasn't disappointed:


I should have put a warning at the beginning of the post to say you may need glasses to view this creation!!

I began by cutting a panel of water colour CS. I've been watching a lot of videos by Kristina Werner lately on water colouring. She gives so many amazing tips and tricks to getting a result you like. This rainbow would never have happened if not for her!!

I basically used a big brush to do a brushstroke of water across the panel, added the colour straight from the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker across the panel and then used a smaller brush and water to spread it out. I then used the bigger brush to put a stroke of water underneath and off I went again. This way I was able to get some blending between the colours but also control the strength of the colour. I hope this makes sense!!

I cut the panel down to size and then die-cut the Heart of Gold die from the middle of it. I also die-cut the heart again from some white CS. I glued a piece of acetate across the back which gave me somewhere to inlay the white heart against. The panel was then popped up on foam tape. I stamped the sentiment from Big Bold Brew twice in black Versafine Ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder to give it some shine. I just cut it out and put it on foam tape. No sequins needed for this bright number!!




I'm going to link this to the AAA Card Challenge # 84 where their theme is:


You have until Saturday 25th March to link your projects to the Little Tangles  challenge. And pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you. Their projects are gorgeous!! Can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 
 

3 comments:

  1. FABUlous....simply fabulous Miss Shona! Love your amazing rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rainbow of colours you used here Shona and I love that pretty heart too.Another great card from you mf ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing color you got out of your Ziggies. This card makes me smile just looking at it...that heart looks fabulous with all that glorious color.

    ReplyDelete