Monday 6 March 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post - March

Hello there!! Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I've created this month as a CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Girl Friday'!!







My Mum and I were talking about birthday's recently and I thought I could create a card for her to give to one of her friends, who has a similar humor. I always think its great to be able to laugh at yourself, sometimes I do the most ridiculous things I need to laugh or I would cry!!

I have been in a 'rainbow colour-wave' this week for some reason and I thought bright colours would lend themselves quite well to this sentiment:



Another one of my 'fiddly' designs but it made me realise that I need to add a particular glue to my repertoire....

I started off by die-cutting the Tic Tac Toe Fri-Die from some white CS. I really needed some of that glue where you can remove it afterwards but I didn't have any. So I grabbed some small fully-sticky post-it pads that had been sent to me by a friend overseas and used a few of them to mask off each square, which also held the die in place. That way I could use a sponge dauber and a myriad of Distress Inks to colour each square.

Once I was happy with my rainbow, I die-cut the Tic Tac Toe Fri-Die again from black CS and glued into place. I used the smallest circle die from the Ornament Tag Fri-Dies on some white CS, heat embossed the sentiment from 'Frankly'isms' in Rose Gold and popped it up on foam tape. All I had to do then was to add some colourful sequins from Neat and Tangled.





I'm going to link this to the Seize the Birthday Challenge where their theme is:

 

If you think you would like to purchase any of the products I used today or any other CAS-ual Fridays Stamps products, don't forget to use my special Girl Friday code to save yourself some money!!




Thanks so much for popping in and I will see you all next month on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog.

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to buy this sentiment set and the all over floral from your previous post, but they're out of stock at the moment. Don't worry, I'll get them eventually. But what I really wanted to say is...this card ROCKS! Wonderful rainbow coloring, brilliant design and construction and THE perfect sentiment. You're a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card...just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete