Wednesday 22 March 2017

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 234

Hi there everybody!! It's an exciting day for me because after having the flu for the past two weeks I finally felt well enough to make a card. And it was so glorious to be back in the saddle again!! My card is for the Addicted to Stamps and More  challenge where the theme for this week is:




For a 'Clean and Simple' project we are looking for designs with minimal layers, embellishments and images. A lot of white space is fantastic and one-layer cards are a brilliant example.
 
I was very lucky to recently get my hands on some new Waffle Flower stamps. I was part of a monthly challenge team last year for Waffle Flower and Nina gave us all a voucher at the end of our term. I forgot all about it will a few weeks ago and thank goodness it was still working!! They arrived last week and I couldn't wait to ink them up:




Isn't that little girl just the cutest?!! All of these images are from Waffle Flower 'Enveloper Hello'. I'm just in love with the design of all the images (by artist Helen Dardik) and you can expect to see them used a lot on my cards! This was going to be a one-layer design but I realised that I could still get a bit of dimension and keep it CAS.

To start with I stamped the images on white CS and fussy cut them all out. After working out where they would sit on the card front, I used Distress Inks 'Salty Ocean', 'Picked Raspberry' and 'Fossilized Amber' and my mini-blending tool to add patches of soft colour. The images were then all popped up on foam tape and I added some sequins from Neat and Tangled for a bit of extra shine.

You have until next Wednesday 29th March to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge. And if you need any idea's for a CAS design, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

2 comments:

  1. So happy you're feeling well enough to get back to cardmaking. Hope Max is feeling better, too. And what a fantastic card for your return. Love the splashes of color, all that white and the heavy black images for contrast. This card is fabulous and you're brilliant to think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love the way you added those colours behind the stamps, really brings them out!

    ReplyDelete