Thursday 30 March 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - March New Release - Day 4

Hi everybody and welcome to Day 4 of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  March Release Week!! 






That's right, 6 new stamp sets that are going to knock your socks off!! If you haven't seen the sets from Day 1 - 3, pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog to check them out!!

I'm very excited to give you a sneaky peek of the new 'So Pretty' stamp set, which has the most fabulous sentiments to cover many occasions. And the font is exactly like the set name, so pretty!!


I wanted to create a background that would compliment the font of this stamp, and thought one of the Lovely Links Fri-Dies would be perfect!!

I gathered some paint chips in soft, pastel colours and die-cut the link from them all. I soon realised that I had (what seemed like) hundreds of pastel hearts left over, so decided to use them in my design. I cut a panel of white CS slightly slimmer than the card front and adhered the die-cuts. I was then able to glue in the hearts in different positions. The panel was then popped up on the card.

For the sentiment I cut a strip of plain vellum and heat embossed the 'Happy Birthday' using Ranger Queens Gold embossing powder. To adhere this I put little strips of double-sided tape behind the words and pressed on to the card. And for a bit more shine I added a few of the Calling All Sistah's 'Sisterhood Sparkle' Limited Edition sequins.

To see more of this new stamp set, pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog. And mark on your calendars Friday March 31st to hop along with us to celebrate this new release!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

1 comment:

  1. The paint chip Queen strikes again. This is an incredible background for this lovely new sentiment. Using the vellum is brilliant so as not to cover it up. Really gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete