Thursday 23 March 2017

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 79

Hi there everyone! This is my second card this week, so glad to finally be feeling well enough to craft again. Especially since I thought about card making 24/7!! This post is to remind you all about our current challenge at TIME OUT. 





We are asking you to 'CASE' a card for this challenge. Above is the card to inspire you all by the amazing Jenny of Crafting in the Country. She created this fabulous card to inspire you all and already there are some fantastic cards in the Gallery inspired by this design.

We are also very lucky to have a Sponsor for this challenge, Verve Stamps!! They were very generous to give the TIME OUT DT a stamp set each (which was extra exciting for me as I didn't have any of their products) and will also give a stamp set to the winner of this challenge. Woo hoo!!




I was very lucky to get my hands on the 'New Beginnings' stamp set which has some fantastic floral images and sentiments for Spring. I really liked Jenny's card layout so based my card on that idea:



I started off my creating a panel of white CS slightly smaller than my card front and blending 'Salty Ocean' Distress Ink over it. I then lightly splattered some water on to it and dabbed with a tissue to remove the colour. After working out where the flowers would sit, I stamped the flower stems with green ink. I also stamped the flowers on some white CS, coloured with pencils and fussy cut out. 

A panel of kraft CS was adhered to the card front, and then the coloured panel on some foam tape. Instead of having something going across the top of the card (like the branch) I decided to have it going down the side. I die-cut this CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Lovely Links' die from some wood veneer and glued to the card front. 

Two of the flowers were popped up on foam tape while the other was glued to the veneer. The sentiment was stamped on a strip of white CS, popped on foam tape and I added some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

You have until Wednesday 29th March to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. And if you need any help with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer Izzy have created for you.

Take care
Shona
 

 

8 comments:

  1. So good to hear you are feeling better. I like the wash background and the lovely way you have placed the flowers adding a touch of dimension x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the flowers! I really love your sponging too and your use of water, very pretty bg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another brilliant card. Great ink blending to showcase those pretty flowers. LOVE the border diecut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card, that blue background is gorgeous with the water spots on it :) Love your creative take on the layout out of my card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card! Love the colors and the fabulous background with water drippings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The soft blue background is just lovely with those pretty blooms, Shona! Good to hear you're feeling so much better! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that blue backgrouns. The veneer die cut was a wonderful idea. Your blooms are beautifully colored and placed. Lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is so pretty Shona! Glad you're feeling up to crafting more again - i love the pretty colours on this - and the border is really cute. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete