Sunday 12 July 2020

Uniquely Creative - Just for you

Hi there!! Sorry I've been so quiet of late. Last weekend I started coming down with what I thought was a head cold that the kids had the week before. Unfortunately it turned into more like the flu (not COVID thank goodness) and after a week I'm finally starting to get better. I felt absolutely terrible so can't imagine what it would have been like to have had COVID 19. I'm slowly on the mend and looking forward to having more energy to craft and garden!!





I wanted to share with you another card using the 'Uniquely Creative - June Mini Stamp and Colour Kit - Pawesome' which has been incredibly popular. The above photo shows the basic kit and there are lots of extra's you can add on too.


Dogs come in so many colours and patterns, so its quite fun colouring all these little pups in different ways. And these guys look so happy to be getting a treat too!

I started off by stamping the three doggies from the 'Pawesome' stamp set with Gina K Amalgam Black ink, colouring with my Altenew Artist Markers and then fussy cutting out (there are 'Pawesome Matching Dies' available). I cut a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card base. I wanted to create a 'grassy' area so I blended Distress Oxide inks 'Twisted Citron' and 'Mowed Lawn', creating an ombre effect up the panel. I then flicked some water over the bottom part and dabbed with a tissue to add some texture and interest. 

For some cuteness behind the panel I used a piece of the kit patterned paper and adhered to the card base. After working out where the puppies would go, I stamped three bones on the panel and used a ruler with a Uni Pin Fineline pen to do the string lines. I used grey markers to colour the bones and then put the puppies under them on foam tape. The panel was then put on the card base with a piece of white foam.

Both sentiments (from the same stamp set) were white heat embossed on black CS, the larger one fussy cut out and put on foam tape, along with some 'Mermaid Enamel Dots'.

With having been in lockdown for 4 weeks, then lots of social distancing/using hand sanitizer etc and everyone coming into the country being in lockdown for two weeks, it makes me wonder how I got sick?? Where did this virus come from?? It shows you that if nature wants to do something, it will make it succeed no matter what!

Look after yourselves
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Shona - so sorry to hear you have not been well - and glad to hear you are on the mend. These virus's are a right pain!
    Love your sweet card - those pup's look gorgeous.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor pups getting teased! lol Adorable puppies they are, Shona! I'm loving how you've colored them, and your blended grass - looks like they'll have a soft landing at least!
    Darling card ... SO happy you didn't have THE virus, my friend - PLEASE take extra care! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...hope you're getting all better now. With all that you do, being sick is NOT what you want. This card sure doesn't look like someone who was ill made it. Simply adorable. Those pups look like their enjoying themselves so much.

    ReplyDelete