Wednesday 29 July 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - July New Release - Day 3 Previews

Hello there!! Its been such a busy week gardening wise and nice to be doing it without some frosty mornings but I'm sure they will be back. And we haven't had any rain for a while, so no weeding amongst piles of mud. Although lately the worst thing has been all the cat and dog poo I come across. You can't do anything about cats but I've got one person who has suddenly decided it would be a great idea to throw all his dog poo into his garden. Which means I'm the one who has to try and weed around it.  Its so gross and now I have to talk to him or I won't be doing his garden anymore.....





On a nicer note we are up to Day 3 of previews for this months New Release from Funky Fossil Designs.  We have another stamp set to help you with your Christmas cards. Introducing 'Christmas Characters':




Aren't these images just the cutest!! I love the designs and this is a bigger 6x8 stamp set so more bang for your buck. I had so many ideas for this set so today's card is one of many:


Thought it would be nice to have a change from my blue/white Christmas cards and get some sweet colours in there.

I started by stamping the snowman with Gina K Amalgam Black ink on white CS, colouring with my Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cutting out. For the background I used the 'Birch Forest' stencil over a panel of white CS and blended Distress Inks 'Spun Sugar' and 'Picked Raspberry' to create an ombre effect and leaving white down the bottom for snow. To add some 'sparkle' I cut a piece of adhesive paper free-hand to be like hills and pressed on to the panel. I then poured over Simon Says Stamp 'Unicorn Dust' Glitter and pressed on to stick.

After sticking a panel of dark pink CS to the card front, I put the stenciled panel on some white foam. The snowman was popped up on foam tape, as well as the sentiment. And I finished off with some pearls from Studio Katia.

Hope your falling in love with this release as much as I have. If you pop over to the Funky Fossil Design Blog you can see what the rest of the Design Team have made with this new set. The release will be available to purchase this Saturday 1st August and I'll be back again tomorrow with another stamp set to tempt you.

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Picking up someone's dog poo is not appealing at all. However, it didn't stop yo from making this cute, fresh Christmas card. Adorable snowman sitting on the glitter snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your piky Christmas card. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete