Tuesday 28 July 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - July New Release - Previews Day 2

Hi everyone. Its been another very cold start but a beautiful Winter's day with lots of sun. I'm very slowly catching up on all my gardening after having the flu and having lots of fun pruning roses, which is one of my favourite jobs to do. The thorns are horrible but its such a satisfying job!!





We have another stamp set to share with you today as part of the July New Release at Funky Fossil Designs. We are getting into Christmas mode with the new 'Filigree Flakes' set:




These snowflakes are so beautiful and I love that they come in so many different sizes, and can also be coloured. But wait, there's more!! We also have Christmas themed 6x6 papers called 'Let it Snow':




I love 'non-traditional' colours for my Christmas cards and the patterns are gorgeous. So of course I had to combine the two for my card today:


I love an aqua/turquoise and white colour combo and even found I had an ink that was a really good match!!

Using Catherine Pooler 'Aquatini' I stamped the snowflakes over the card front, making sure they would be seen well on the right-hand side. I cut a piece of patterned paper using a 'Chevron' die from The Stamp Market, adding white foam behind it and adhering to the card front.

I wanted a bit more 'pretty' for this design so I white heat embossed one of the snowflakes on plain vellum, fussy cut them out and used Gina K Connect Glue to adhere to the paper. The sentiment was stamped with the same ink, backed with a dark grey CS and popped on foam tape. To finish off I added some clear jewels from Studio Katia.

All of the new products will be available Saturday 1st August and if you pop over to the Funky Fossil Designs Blog you can see what the rest of the Design Team have created. I'll see you back here tomorrow with another product preview.

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment: