Friday 17 July 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post #2 for July

Hi everybody!! I'm finally back crafting and couldn't be happier. After being sick with the flu I feel so much better and can now concentrate on some card designs. My brain is overloaded with ideas actually and I keep having to write them down. I'm rather behind with my gardening though so that will be keeping me busy over the next few weeks, although there is a lot of Winter rain forecast for the next week....





I'm on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today with my second 'Girl Friday' card for this month. I just finished making it as got back to gardening yesterday which had me exhausted by the time I got home but I was so excited about getting crafty again:


I haven't actually used this set very often, which is such a shame because its so good for colouring and reminds me of when I was little and we would visit my Aunty. I was allowed to have a cup of tea but I only liked it with LOTS of sugar. I felt so grown up drinking with the adults!! My love of tea didn't last long but its a memory that has always stayed with me.

I started by stamping the teapot and cup from the 'Serendipi-tea' stamp set with Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS. I used my Faber Castell pencils to colour in the hearts and used greys to practice colouring white images. I fussy cut them out and popped to the side.

I wanted a pretty 'wallpaper-like' background so I die-cut some white CS with one of the 'Bubble-Box Fri-dies' and then gently blended Distress Ink 'Tumbled Glass' over the 'Tin Roof' stencil. This was then put on the card front with some white foam.

I needed to have some tea pouring from my pot, so after working out where the images would sit, I used some Altenew Artist Markers to draw the tea and then glued the images in place. I then added some Glossy Accents to the liquid and also the pink hearts on the cup and the top of the teapot. To finish off I white heat embossed the sentiment (from the same stamp set) on black CS and popped up on foam tape, along with some Studio Katia pearls.




I hope this has inspired you to do some colouring, make some cards or even have a cup of tea!! If you are wanting to buy any of the products I used today, don't forget to use my special code to save yourself 15%...even on already discounted products!!





Thank you so much for stopping by and fingers crossed I'll be back here very soon with lots and lots more cards. Its supposed to rain all weekend so that sounds like a card making session to me!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. What a delight...lots of tea, rainbows and white space. Shona, your card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful card Shana, and so glad you are up and around again! Love your colour choices!
    I drank tea as a child - one cup (probably very weak, and decidedly milky) at tea time on Sunday - I hated it as it was so often cold by the time I drank
    it!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shona, I'm so sorry you've been laid low with the flu. Everyone is so focused on the corona virus that we forget there are other illnesses! I hope you're feeling much better now. Your card is gorgeous! I love that pretty stencilled tag that you've arranged your tea things on. The candy coloured decorations are gorgeous. Take care, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete