Thursday 30 July 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post #2 for July

Hi everyone!! I'm in shock that there are only a few days of July left. Even though this year has really sucked big time, it seems to have gone by rather fast too. Maybe its all the worry about COVID that has our brains so filled up we don't notice time running by.....




I'm back today with my second card for July with CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and I seem to have finally caught the 'Slimline Card' bug. Its so nice to create a card with a different shape and you can fit so many other things on the front.....love it:

 

 Now, I don't know about you but the only problem I find with these slimmer/longer cards is that they are rather hard to photograph. Laying them flat is the best option so far but my cheap little lightbox doesn't like it very much and there are shadows EVERYWHERE. So if you have any tips for dealing with this shape, please let me know!!

I decided I wanted to do just stamping and do it all with one stamp set only. So since I was in a 'Christmassy' mood, I grabbed my favourite 'Joy' stamp set. I cut a white card base 3x8 inches and then a smaller panel 2.5 x 7.5 inches. I silver heat embossed the 'Noel' in the middle of the small panel and then gathered up a huge amount of blue inks and my MISTI, and went to town with the snowflakes from that set around the outside edge. I tried to overlap here and there, and also make sure they weren't all stamped at the same depth too for interest.

Once I had finished, I adhered the panel to a piece of white foam and then to the card front. And to give it a little more shine I glued on some pearls from Studio Katia.



It was a great card to do in front of the tv and you could do many different ones with all your other inks too. Might do an all pink card next.....

This set is actually on sale at the moment and if you use my special code you can save yourself another 15% on top!!!!



Thanks so much for coming by. Enjoy the rest of your week and I'll be back here with more CFS goodness very soon.

Take care
Shona

2 comments:

  1. You are officially on the slimline train...and beautifully so. This looks fabulous and I love that it can be mass produced so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inspiration I needed--thank you so much, Shona! Just love this card!

    ReplyDelete