Monday 27 July 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - July New Release - Day 1 Previews

Hello there!! Its a very exciting day because we have another fantastic New Release to share with you from Funky Fossil Designs!!!





Today we have a stamp set for you that will be perfect for all those kids that spend all-day playing games in their bedroom (I have two of those.....). Introducing 'Gamer':




Phoebe is obsessed with playing Animal Crossing on her Switch but Max goes between his PS4 and computer. At the moment he plays his PS4 a lot as his friends have all gotten 2K which is the NBA (basketball). So he's either playing that or playing real basketball, so this stamp set couldn't be more appropriate for him!!

For my card I really wanted to use the 'space invaders' images as its one of the arcade games I remember from my teenage years. I was never very good at it but at least it wasn't too complicated:

 
This was kind of tricky as I wanted a black background behind the 'invader' images but couldn't work out how to do it without cutting them out individually.... I wanted to create a 'gamer set-up' with the table and screen and have the dark coloured background because Max is always sitting in the dark in his room...

I started off by cutting a panel of the 'Into the Blue' paper pad and adhered to the card front. I then cut a strip of wood veneer and glued to the bottom to be a table top. I stamped the controller a few times with Gina K Amalgam Black ink and fussy cut out. I coloured the buttons with Altenew Artist Markers and added Glossy Accents to the coloured buttons for shine and dimension. This was put on some foam tape.

For the screen I die-cut some black CS using two square dies from Uniquely Creative 'Square Stitched Nesting Dies'. I did it 3x and glued them together with a piece of clear acetate under the top layer. Using my MISTI and inks from Catherine Pooler I stamped the 'invaders' on white CS and then glued the black frame over top. This was then adhered to the card front.

I finished off by stamping the sentiment on white CS, backing with black CS and putting on foam tape, along with some Uniquely Creative enamel dots. I have an 11yr old nephew who is a gamer and think I might post it to him as a surprise....

I hope you love this new set and we will back here again tomorrow with some more new goodies to share with you. Don't forget to pop over to the Funky Fossil Design blog to see what the rest of the team created with this set. All of the new products will be available this Saturday August 1st!!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Very cool card, loving this new set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card for my grandson...after all, this is how he spends most of his free time.

    ReplyDelete