Thursday 23 July 2020

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #166

Hi there, I missed making my card for the last TIME OUT challenge with being sick, so I'm glad I'm back in the saddle again!!





We have a really lovely theme for you this time 'Peaceful'. You could be inspired by the word itself or maybe go with how it makes you feel or somewhere that you feel at peace....its totally up to you!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Newton Nook Designs and they are giving a $25 gift voucher to the winner!!




For my card I decided to create a scene for somewhere that I would feel peaceful. I immediately thought of a Japanese garden, which I would love to recreate in my own backyard:


I really hope I'll get to visit Japan one day. The people seem so sweet and don't even get me started on the stationery, its so cute I would need 3 extra suitcases!!

I used my favourite Ellen Hutson set by Julie Ebersole 'So Matcha'. I stamped all the images with Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS, coloured with my Altenew Artist Markers and then fussy cut out. I didn't get too carried away with designs on her kimono and fan as I think a more simple outfit is more peaceful in my mind.

Using Waffle Flower 'Chirp Chirp' ink I stamped the bamboo on a panel of white CS. I very gently blended some 'Salty Ocean' Distress Ink over top and then some 'Mowed Lawn' underneath so it looked like moss. I needed somewhere to put my teapot and cup, so I created a little wooden table with some wood veneer CS. I glued all the images in place with some Gina K Connect Glue and stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx ink. And no embellishments to stay with the peaceful feel.

You have until Wednesday 29th July to link your projects to the TIME OUT Challenge and I can't see what brings you peace in the Gallery.

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. I really love these scenes you create, everything is in the perfect place and coloured superbly and love how you have the soft background. Japan is where Callum and I want to go when he retires but not sure we will get there with my health but we can pray that we will. And seeing this card reminded me how much your cad making had developed over the years-I remember the days when you worried about colouring etc and now you can turn your hand to anything-so happy to see this x ...oh and glad you are feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable. Beautifully created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful Shona - love the gorgeous peaceful scene you have created here!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete