Wednesday 4 March 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post for March #1

Hi everyone, I'm trying to type this post with Remy the kitten balanced on my lap. She used to be so tiny two months ago but she eats like there's no tomorrow which explains how huge she is now!! She has definitely become my kitten, just like Minnie did two years ago, so I quite often have them fighting over me. Its so nice to be loved!!



I'm on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today with another Christmas card for my stash. I'm determined not to run out this year:


Everywhere I look these days I see cards made with cardstock strips. They are so gorgeous and very clever, so thought I would give it a go. I need to work a bit more on my precision as my strips got a bit of a lean happening towards the bottom but hopefully you don't notice it too much.....

I gathered up all the blue CS I had and used my Tim Holtz trimmer to cut a few strips from each one. I think next time I will cut panels from each colour the same size and decide on the exact width of each strip, to make sure its straighter next time. I cut a panel of white CS, covered it with a piece of Rosie's Studio Double-sided Adhesive Sheets and pressed the strips on, just adding the colours randomly. Once finished I cut the panel down so it was slightly smaller than the card front.

Using images from the 'Bring on the Snowflakes' stamp set, I white heat embossed them over the panel. Once I had finished I immediately put it under something heavy to help keep it from warping. While that flattened, I white heat embossed the 'Noel' from the 'Joy' stamp set on the darkest blue CS I used with the strips. I then fussy cut around the outside. All I had to do then was put the strip panel on some white foam and then used foam tape to add the sentiment. And I glued on some 'Arctic Breeze' pearls from Studio Katia.


 This is a great way to use up some CS scraps and you can use any colour combination you want!! If your thinking you need to purchase some more Christmas stamps, don't forget to use my special code in the CFS Shop to save yourself 15%!!





Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll be back later in the month with some more card ideas for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps. 

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. What a stunner with the blue stripes Shona - loving the colours you have used.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shona one would never have noticed them 'leaning.' Stunning! love the shades of blue you've used, and the flurry of snowflakes were the most wonderful choice of stamps to use! Just wonderful - though I hope to not see any more snow this month! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete