Friday 27 March 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - New Release Preview Day #4

Hello everyone!! Hope your all doing well and coping in self isolation. Its the end of Day 2 for us in New Zealand and its rained all day. This is the first time its rained this year and I've been dreaming of having a rainy day at home, not having to garden and spending the day crafting. Max loves a rainy day inside too and he was going to take a sneaky day off with me when it happened. We have talked about it every day for three months and today, when it finally happened....it just wasn't the same. COVID-19 ruined it (along with many other things and lives....). I saw an advert the other day with someone saying 'Coronavirus is a dick'.....I second that!!





Its the last day of New Release stamp previews for Funky Fossil Designs and today is all about flowers. Introducing 'Funky Florals':




This is a larger A5 stamp set with so many separate images, along with one big gorgeous bunch of flowers. Its perfect for colouring, which is what I did a lot of for this card:


This is the second floral image I've coloured after finishing Kathy Raccoosins' Online Card Class 'The Colouring Roadtrip'. It really does open your eyes to a new way of looking at your images and colouring itself. I so recommend it!!

I started by stamping the large image with Gina K Amalgam Black ink on white CS. I first coloured with Altenew Artist Markers and then added lots more shading and details with my cheap Faber Castell pencils and a white gel pen. Unfortunately I made a HUGE mistake on the very central flower. Luckily the same flower image is a singular stamp in the set, so I stamped and coloured that and put it on top with foam tape. It adds a lot of dimension which looks really cool in person. And you can't see the horrific 'non-blending' of bright purple and blue underneath.....

Once I was finished (I also went around the outside of the image with grey markers....), I fussy cut it out and added foam tape to the back. To add some interest behind it I used the 'Leafy Mandala' and 'Mowed Lawn' Distress Ink on the card front and glued the flowers to the side. Since this set doesn't come with any sentiments, I white heat embossed one on black CS from the new set 'Cupcake Crazy'. And finished off with Studio Katia Pearls.

I'm going to link this as my second entry to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


One more sleep to go and the stamps are available for purchase...yippee!! To find out all the details and see what the rest of the Design Team have done with this new stamp set, pop over to the Funky Fossil Designs Blog. And I'll see you back here tomorrow for Release Day!!

Take care and stay safe
Shona
xxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully colored floral bouquet, Shona. So happy you finally got some rain...it seems that the coronavirus is ruining everything these days. Stay safe and thank you for sharing your beautiful card. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you and Max could share an inside, rainy day. This card, however, looks like Spring which is happening right here, outside my window. Kathy Rac's class really did you a solid with the coloring thing. This is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous, love the white highlights!

    ReplyDelete