Thursday 5 March 2020

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #156

Hello there! I'm excited to say that I went gardening today for the first time this week. I've been home with Max (who turns out has a very bad sinus infection) all week and it was so good to get out in the sunshine and my hands in the dirt. He's back at school on Monday so will be able to get into my normal routine then....although knowing my luck someone else will get sick or it will rain all week (I wish!!).





Our current theme at TIME OUT  is a photo inspiration. There are so many different colours in the photo and different shapes with all the frames, table etc....the design ideas are endless!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Altenew and they are giving a $20 gift voucher to the winner. I'm so jealous!!!




For my card I was immediately drawn to the bright colours but I also loved the frames on the walls, so tried to show all of that with my design:


I really do enjoy die-cutting as I'm such a clutz with ink, paint etc. Although I'm sure that one of these days I'm going to chop my finger off with my Tim Holtz Trimmer (guilotine). Its small but so sharp!!!

All of the products I used (except the embellishments) are from Altenew, and boy do I have a lot of them.....

I started by die-cutting the circle frame from the 'Create-a-Wreath' die set from yellow CS and 3x more from white CS. I then die-cut the 'Spring Shower Cover Die' from white CS. There is a white plate on the wall in the photo that has a cut out pattern around the edge, I wanted that within my frame. I glued a white CS circle behind the yellow one and then glued it over the floral die-cut and cut off the excess. I then glued on the other two white circle frames behind it to add dimension.

The wall in the photo is a gorgeous turquoise blue, so I die-cut the same circle frame die from some turquoise CS. I adhered the inner circle piece to the card front and then glued the yellow frame over top.  To capture some of the pink I die-cut the 'Thanks die' from pink CS and twice more from white CS. These were all glued together and then to the frame.

The rest of the sentiment (from the 'Frosted Garden' stamp set) was white heat embossed on a strip of black CS and popped on some foam tape. To finish off I glued on some Studio Katia pearls and added Glossy Accents to the 'thanks' die.

I'm going to link this card to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Something Feminine'.


You have until Wednesday 11th March to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. If your needing any help with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer Maria of Riesling Mama have made to inspire you. Can't wait to see your projects in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. How gorgeous is this Shona - loving how you have picked up the texture and colours from the inspiration piece. Hope you get a clear run next week in the gardens!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Shona! I love the mix of colors you chose and the design you created. Hoping Max is well and you are getting your hands dirty (so jealous about that!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing products... And I really love what you've made with them! This is so bright and happy looking. I especially love the cover die, SO beautiful!! xx

    ReplyDelete