Saturday 28 March 2020

Funky Fossil Design - New Release Day!!!

Hi everyone, hope your all doing well and coping with your self-isolation. I've spent today doing some baking, cleaning the bathroom/toilets, washing the dog, laundry and a bit of gardening. At this stage I certainly don't have any trouble keeping busy but after a week or two I'll see how I feel.....





Its a very exciting day because the Funky Fossil Designs New Release stamps are all available to purchase right now!!





At this stage I think Sarah (the owner) is still able to post out orders, however if your like me where your in total lockdown, the postage may take a little longer. 

To celebrate I made a card using two of the new stamps sets, along with one from the previous New Release:


I'm always looking for different ways to use my stamps and dies (because every dollar counts these days....), so I was excited when I came up with this idea to create a tree.

I started by stamping the owl from 'Quirky Owls' on white CS with Gina K Amalgam black ink, coloured with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cut out. I also did the same with the flower and leaves from the 'Funky Florals' set.

To create the tree I took the long 'paint brush swipe' images from the 'Distressed Elements' set and stamped them in Altenew 'Dark Chocolate' ink along a panel of white CS. I alternated the shapes and kept 'tree bark' in my mind as I did it. When I finished I then blended Distress Ink 'Gathered Twigs' over top, going past the stamped images slightly to show the outside of the tree. I blended some 'Salty Ocean' Distress Ink for the sky and then realised I needed somewhere for the owl to sit. So I simply stamped one of the strips for a branch.

I needed some colour so I adhered some pink CS to the card front and put the panel on some white foam. I stamped the sentiment (also from 'Quirky Owls') with Waffle Flower 'Safe Choice' ink on white CS, backed with black CS and put on foam tape, along with the flower and leaves. I finished off by putting the owl on foam tape on his branch and gluing on some pink and green pearls from Studio Katia.

I'm going to link this as my third entry to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


Have fun shopping and I'll see you back here in a few days with some more cards using the new stamp sets. And don't forget to check out the Funky Fossil Designs Blog  to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. 

Stay safe
Shona

5 comments:

  1. Love the scene you created with the flower and the owl! Such a fun card, and awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So impressed that you did the background yourself. Looks great with the owl & flower. Coloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one awesome background Shona - well done on an innovative way to use your stamps! A fun and fabulous card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab technique for creating the tree, the doodled flower is lovely paired with this fun image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea for the tree and I think the owls now have to go on my wish list too. Fabulous colouring, those flowers look amazing.
    Stay safe and keep crafting.
    Tracey.x

    ReplyDelete